Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city’s metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community’s vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you’re headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
Position Purpose Statement
Develop and co-ordinate the program level human factors assurance framework for the Rail Projects Victoria Project (RPVP) Team and in particular, the Metro Tunnel Project (MTP). Represent program level HF for both MTM, provide guidance and SME advice to package HF specialists. This role will be review key documentation from both MTP Package Contractors and for integration into the MTM operating network.
- This role will be responsible for the development of the HF framework across RPVP in accordance with MTM guidelines, as well as co-ordination of the development and delivery of Human Factors Integration (HFI) activities across the MTP Project
- Provide assurance of Human Factors Integration (HFI) and HFI deliverables at the MTP program level in accordance with MTM’s HF Integration Procedure, Human Factors Integration Standard, Management of Change process and Projects Assurance Framework, on behalf of MTM in support of RPVP
- Provide input to workshops to identify HF issues and ensure they are managed SFAIRP by the projects, in accordance with the Integrated Risk Management Procedure
- Capture and manage HF risks derived from Projects to establish lessons learned, identify commonalities and maintain continuous improvement for MTM
- Provide consultation and facilitate co-ordination with HF personnel across the different packages, as required
- Provide technical advice on HFI and the application of HF principles to relevant stakeholders (e.g, end users/SME’s, designers and other Projects personnel) as required
- Review and verify human factors deliverables and/or Safety Assurance Reports (SAR’s); prior to submission to MTM’s CCB and RPV’s ACB
- Undertake HF awareness-raising activities with internal and external Project teams and stakeholders as needed to support early and effective HFI.
- Adhere to and support compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements and Metro policies and procedures
- Seek continuous improvement in our safety practices and implement the Corporate Safety Plan
- Contribute to a culture where all accidents, incidents are reported, recorded, investigated and corrective action undertaken
- Encourage and contribute to the transformation of culture to one which is inclusive, agile, open, trusting and respectful
- Seek and implement continuous improvement within the business that is focussed on having the lowest cost base, improved productivity and effectiveness
- After safety, always put the passenger first when making long and short term decisions and taking actions
- Build collaborative networks with internal and external stakeholders
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in a Human Factors oriented discipline (e.g. Human Factors, Ergonomics, Behavioural Science) or Engineering Degree (with demonstrated HF experience)
- Membership of a professional safety institution or relevant recognised body is desirable.
- Experience in Human Factors application within a safety-related environment.
- Experience of HF integration into railway projects (or similar complex industries) is preferred
- Experience in reviewing designs from an end user perspective (for rail safety workers and passengers) and influencing positive end user outcomes.