Metro moves you around Melbourne.
As the city's metropolitan rail service, Metro operates 226 six carriage trains across 998 kilometres of track, transporting 450,000 customers each day. We aim to encourage the Melbourne community's vibrant and ever evolving lifestyles, by providing a seamless transport solution to keep individuals connected.
With 15 lines, 222 stations and services seven days a week, Metro can take you wherever you're headed across the city, whenever you want to go.
Position Purpose Statement
The role will be responsible for providing Safety, Environment, Risk and Quality SERQ support for a major rail infrastructure project . The project is delivering a substation program of works on behalf of a government authority. These works will be delivered within the franchisee portfolio of the MTM projects division.
* Implementing monitoring activities to ascertain compliance to MTM's Safety Management System (SMS)
* Development and implementation of management plans, to drive high levels of performance and the effective management of health, safety and environmental risks across the project
* Maintaining up to date knowledge of relevant regulatory and company safety requirements, and ensuring the workforce are informed of requirements and changes
* Developing and administering education and compliance programs to promote continuous improvement and monitoring compliance with company, OHS, RSNL, Environmental legislation and OFSC Accreditation requirements
* Collaborating effectively with client counterparts, MTM divisions and other stakeholders to achieve best for project outcomes
* Leading and managing project SERQ team, mentoring and developing direct reports
* Ensuring effective incident response, reporting, investigations and monitoring the implementation and effectiveness of corrective actions
* Manage project risk management in line with the MTM Management of Change (MOC) / Projects Assurance Framework (PAF) and Change Control Board (CCB) procedures
* Development and review of Risk and System Safety Assurance management plans and deliverables
* Support the Franchisee SERQ Manager in monthly reporting metrics and supporting information
Qualification, Skills and Experience
* Tertiary Qualification in OH&S or a related discipline or demonstrable professional experience.
* 5 plus years of experience in safety management of construction teams or related industry.
* Experience in establishing, implementing and monitoring effective safety, environment, risk and quality management systems & procedures.
* Working knowledge of occupational health and safety regulations is essential; knowledge of rail safety legislation will be highly regarded.