Senior Safety Advisor - Infrastructure & Rail - Sydney CBD
- Permanent opportunity
- Civil Infrastructure projects
- Supportive and professional team culture
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
A leader in the civil construction industry, this organisation offers robust and efficient construction, operations and maintenance delivery. Due to an increase in project workload there is an opportunity for an ambitious Senior Safety Advisor or Safety Advisor based in Sydney CBD Sydney on infrastructure and rail projects.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The primary function of this role is to support the project team on site on projects and be a prominent source of guidance for contractors, the client and colleagues. You will get the opportunity to manage safety across the project and after this project there is the opportunity to advance in the role. You will report to the Safety Director and Construction Manager onsite to maintain Safety Management Systems and ensure they comply with Australian Standards. There is diversity in this role allowing for skills to be utilised in the field and in the office. A stable organisation with a positive culture, this role presents the chance to work alongside committed professionals who encourage a positive team environment.
KEY EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Support the project team in setting up relevant processes and documentation to plan for different phases of work.
- Monitor compliance with the HSE systems and processes and provide operational support to the project team.
- Provide project leaders, site supervisors and workers with specialist guidance and advocate for positive work health and safety change.
- Monitor and provide advice and training for compliance to support the effective implementation of WHS legislation, policies and procedures.
- Risk identification & assessment, ensuring regulations are met across the project.
- Carry out health and safety audits and work- place inspections
- Steer the development and implementation of Safety standards that align with compliance and due diligence requirements.
- Work closely with senior management to adhere to legislative requirements
- Promote best practice and a positive safety culture
- Experience working on infrastructure or rail construction projects
- Experience across major excavation, earthworks & managing trades
QUALIFICATION / SALARY:
- Diploma/Degree in WHS/OHS or safety related field
- Experience in a Senior Safety Advisor/Safety Coordinator role for a principal contractor
- Knowledge of high risk work activities across civil construction and rail projects
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Citizenship or permanent resident visa is a must
How to apply:
Apply online, applications must include an updated detailed WORD CV. Applicants must be a resident or citizen of Australia. For a confidential discussion feel free to contact Regina Fitzpatrick on 0416 847 727
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.