Randstad have been engaged by a mid-tier civil construction company who focus on large scale projects in main roads and structures. They have identified the need for a Safety Coordinator to come on board on a contract basis.
Reporting to the Safety Manager your duties will include:
- Provide support, coordination and advice of HSE practices, systems and procedures within the workplace
- Provide support to the Safety Manager and Management
- Conduct HSE audits / inspections and review SWMS
- Provide direction and support to the project team to develop and maintain adequate HSE on site
- Coordinate investigation of causes on site and maintain documentation in accordance with HSE procedures
- Ensuring site compliance and standards
- Maintain accurate records of all HSE requirements within the work place
To be considered for this position we are seeking the following skills and experience:
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent (Certificate IV OHS)
- 3 + years Construction WH&S or HSE experience within civil works including main roads projects
- Previous experience in WH&S/HSE management techniques and tools
- Proven background in conducting site inspections and audits, assessing risks and advising of opportunities for improving safety management.
- Excellent communication skills
This company has a fantastic culture and are a rapidly expanding contractor who has an abundance of opportunities. The successful candidate will be offered a competitive hourly rate with the chance to develop their career. If interested please apply now or email your CV to Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org