Safety & Wellbeing Manager
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) (View other jobs from this organisation)
Safety & Wellbeing Manager
- Safety and Wellbeing Manager with expertise in workplace health and safety across multiple sites and diverse environments
- Drive leadership and strategy on WHS programs and promote culture of safety and wellbeing across the organisation
- Competitive Total Remuneration Package
- Increase the value of your take-home pay with our PBI salary packaging
- Full time, permanent role
- Based at our current Northern Beaches location with office relocation in 2022 and flexible work from home arrangements available
Aspect is committed to providing an autism friendly workplace and supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce. It is through this commitment that we encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
A different brilliant®
Share our passion for understanding, engaging and celebrating the strengths, interests and aspirations of people on the autism spectrum and discover a different brilliant®.
About the role:
Reporting to the National Director, Governance Quality and Safety, this role will work with the executive and managers to actively lead Aspect’s safety and wellbeing program providing expert advice and a proactive approach to workplace health and safety. You will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring effective systems, policies, training and practices that support the safety and wellbeing of Aspect’s students/participants and employees, address key organisational risks and comply with relevant WHS and Workers Compensation legislation. You will supervise staff within the WHS team and embed a positive safety culture across the organisation.
- Provide leadership to achieve Aspect strategic directions, WHS KPIs and the goals of the WHS plan
- Lead the implementation of a wholistic, evidence-based employee Mental Health and Wellbeing program, in partnership with the People team.
- Work with the Property team to develop, implement and monitor safety, risk and assurance frameworks for any capital works and property maintenance activities.
- Promote culture of safety and wellbeing across the organisation
- Manage the impact of Workers Compensation insurance costs on Aspect’s financial performance
- Provide interpretations, recommendations, and solutions to Aspect Executive and management relating to WHS, workers compensation, incidents & injuries, risk management controls and measures, and legislative compliance
- Oversee the annual WHS site audit schedule
You will have demonstrated experience in a WHS management role and superior understanding of WHS legislation across jurisdictions. You will have a pro-active and empathetic approach to employee wellbeing and possess the ability to mentor, coach and support managers.
This role will suit someone who is an excellent team player with outstanding written and verbal communication skills, highly organised and able to work under demanding situations and most importantly have a personal commitment and passion for promoting and ensuring work safety. You will have experience designing and implementing WHS and wellbeing strategies and procedures and a strong desire to embed wellbeing and safety as a core value across the organisation.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a WHS leadership or management role with a geographically diverse organisation
- Tertiary qualifications in Work Health and Safety, Organisational Pyschology or a related discipline
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (desirable)
- Accredited RTW Coordinator (desirable)
- Experience in the Education or disability sectors (desirable)
- Current Driver’s License
- Working with Children Check
- NDIS Worker Background Check
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module
A National Police Check clearance is a requirement and Aspect will arrange this. Some regional and interstate travel required.
What we offer:
A rewarding career with challenging work and many opportunities to learn and grow.
A competitive package will be based on relevant qualifications and experience. As a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI), Aspect employees receive tax-effective salary packaging opportunities including $15,899 each year tax free, increasing the value of your take-home pay. Click here for a summary of some of the benefits you can access when working at Aspect.
To apply: Please include your resume, cover letter and complete the candidate questionnaire as part of Aspect's online recruitment process.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for some positions at Aspect, in accordance with Public Health Orders, Work Health and Safety and duty of care obligations for staff and participants/students. As part of the recruitment/interview process Aspect is collecting information related to your vaccination status to ensure we are in compliance with all government orders and directives.
Enquiries should be directed to: Michelle Feros, National Director, Governance, Quality and Safety 0409 467 810 .
More information about Aspect: www.autismspectrum.org.au
- NSW - Frenchs Forest
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health and Wellbeing