Work Health and Safety Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
- Apply your knowledge and understanding of WHS legislation and regulations
- Contribute to the University’s Work Health and Safety Management System
- Flexible, part-time opportunity, 17.5 hours per week, based in Melbourne
Employment Relations and Safety is responsible for the development, maintenance and application of workplace safety Frameworks within which HR provides advice, designs processes and delivers services. These Frameworks implement the comprehensive range of employment and safety Legislation, Regulations, Standards and Codes of Practice.
As Work Health and Safety Officer you will:
- advise staff on submitting reports of incidents and managing hazardous chemicals
- provide timely and accurate assistance and advice to supervisors and staff
- prepare WHS data including identification of trends
- manage workers compensation cases and returning staff to work.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
- knowledge of WorkCover and workers compensation requirements in VIC
- experience in supporting internal staff or other stakeholders to assess and manage significant risk
- the ability to act with discretion, sensitivity and handle confidential information
- knowledge and experience in the use of a range of computer systems including riskware, and Chemwatch
- experience building successful working relationships.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
- Closing Date:
- 27 Nov 2018
- VIC - Melbourne
- $77,242 - $83,004
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Health, Safety and Environment