- Not for profit healthcare sector, Malvern location
- Negotiable 2-3 days per week, 9 month consulting assignment/fixed term contract with flexible hours to commence by early July
- Drive implementation of the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (2nd edition)
Very Special Kids cares for children with life-threatening conditions by providing Victoria’s only children’s hospice and professional family support services. Our free-of-charge services help more than 900 families across Victoria, with ongoing support from the child’s diagnosis all the way through to recovery or bereavement and beyond.
We are seeking an experienced part-time Quality Project Officer/Consultant to implement the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (2nd edition). The organisation is well placed to move to the 2nd edition of the Standards, having successfully attained accreditation against the 1st edition at the end of 2018.
To be successful in this role you will have prior experience working with the NSQHS Standards in a health care setting and will bring:
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in healthcare quality management systems and preparation for accreditation
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and documenting evidence and any gaps against the Standards and developing actions to address these gaps
- Demonstrated ability in supporting the implementation of continuous quality improvement activities
- Expertise in developing and writing policies and procedures within a health care setting
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with managers and clinical staff
- Ability to provide staff training on the Standards and present information at team meetings
Very Special Kids offers its employees a supportive and rewarding environment including salary packaging, flexible working, a health and wellbeing program and the opportunity to connect with a very special cause.
At Very Special Kids, our goal is for our workforce to reflect the diverse community we serve. We continually seek to employ people of any gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, with a disability, Aboriginal Australians and varied cultural backgrounds. If this sounds like you, please take a look at the position description on our website. www.vsk.org.au
We are looking to recruit as soon as possible, so please apply in writing by the closing date of Monday 24th June addressing the key selection criteria to Katrina Hall, Human Resources Manager via email@example.com . Please note, early applications are encouraged as interviews will commence immediately rather than waiting until the closing date.
Very Special Kids is committed to providing a child-safe environment and requires all staff to have Working with Children and Police Record Checks.