HSE Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
- Are you a qualified, experienced HSE Advisor with a passion for people, safety, and culture?
- Can you help adapt strategies, drive cultural change and support best practice?
- Truly flexible and collaborative environment, find your work-life balance!
The CSIRO Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) team partners with all levels of the organisation coaching and influencing to make HSE personal. They provide future-focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s wellbeing and HSE culture.
The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering HSE services by providing tailored technical and specialist HSE advice and support that continuously improves the sites preventative safety, compliance and HSE system management. This role will also work with the central CSIRO HSE function in developing and delivering strategic HSE and wellbeing programs to enhance CSIRO’s HSE and wellbeing culture focusing on the site-specific requirements.
In this pivotal role you will form relationships with internal stakeholders such as Business Unit Leadership Teams, Research Directors and HR managers, as well as external regulators, collaborative partners and other organisations.
Your duties will include:
- Support the implementation of CSIRO's HSE plan through the planning and delivery of priority HSE activities and initiatives, with a focus on organisational consistency across CSIRO sites.
- Contribute to HSE projects and positively challenge the status quo to influence continual HSE improvement across the organisation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with site work groups, understand their unique HSE needs and make recommendations to guide management decisions.
- Contribute to a cohesive, collaborative, and innovative HSE team, provide hands-on HSE practical support to operational staff, and liaise with the HSE team.
- Coach and educate staff through knowledge sharing across relevant organisational teams, utilising best practice and communities of practice to enhance the overall HSE performance.
- Develop a deep understanding of the HSE risk profile and support the implementation of HSE improvement initiatives.
- Actively support the HSE culture change program and lead by example, acknowledging and promoting key desired behaviours to enable the growth of a high performing, positive and proactive HSE culture across the business.
Location: Narrabri (Myall Vale), NSW
Salary: AU$87k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite (role can be full time or part time)
To be considered you will need:
- A tertiary degree in a related discipline such as Science, Health, Safety & Environment, risk management and relevant work experience with at least 3-5 years demonstrated experience in HSE management within large or complex organisations.
- Proven ability to understand stakeholder priorities and contribution in the design, delivery, and implementation of strategies to improve HSE.
- Ability to co-operate with others to coach and build trust with leaders by influencing a positive HSE culture. Ability to create trust by displaying consistency and understanding through integrity and patience.
- Demonstrated ability to enable positive organisational change, by advising strategies, goals, and priorities, and driving culture change in health and safety. Ability to embrace ambiguity and positively persist towards an end goal.
- Proven ability to interpret legislation and regulatory standards to proactively identify problems and appropriately respond to issues and exposure to HSE hazard management. Prior experience in using this knowledge to contribute to clear advice and implementation of a consistent HSE message across the organisation.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to apply for this advertised position you must be either an Australian or New Zealand Citizen, or Australian Permanent Resident.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
25 May 2022, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 25 May 2022
- NSW - Narrabri
- AU$87k - AU$98k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time/ Part Time
Health, Safety and Environment