Health Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
- Are you a qualified, experienced HSE leader seeking your next challenge?
- Are you passionate about physical and psychological employee wellbeing?
- Join CSIRO's HSE today and help us make HSE personal!
The Health Manager role is a critical management role in the Health and Wellbeing team and reports to the Executive Manager, Health and Wellbeing. The role is responsible for managing, supporting, and directing the team of Injury Management Advisors (IMAs).
This team will provide tailored support to define, establish, implement, and maintain an approach to manage CSIRO’s injury management and RTW by driving positive outcomes for CSIRO people, whilst mitigating the financial, legal, and reputational risks associated with these areas across the organisation more broadly.
In addition to leading the IMA team and partnering with CSIRO leadership, the Health Manager will develop, drive and implement high level initiatives and mechanisms to proactively support the organisation in improving the organisation’s psychological wellbeing.
Your duties will include:
- Driving and proactively supporting the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE strategic plan through the delivery of priority health and wellbeing management activities, initiatives, and education, with a focus on organisational consistency.
- Leading positive partnerships with the HSE team, HR, and other internal stakeholders through developing knowledge and understanding of the organisation’s health and wellbeing needs, including physical and psychosocial, and tailoring solutions.
- Utilising and leveraging the expertise in allied health to provide high-quality advice and to guide, support and empower IMAs to support HSE and HR employees to develop solutions to complex and challenging psychological and physical Health matters and take ownership of complex cases.
- Partnering with BU Leaders and HR to understand their BU risk profile to devise strategic health and wellbeing projects and continually improve the preventative and RTW processes, adding value by remaining open to feedback and evolving risks.
- Championing a culture of continuous HSE improvement across the organisation to develop innovative programs to improve the physical and psychological wellbeing of CSIRO people.
- Managing, supporting, and advising the IMA team on RTW programs and, at times complex, RTW plan implementation, ensuring successful RTW outcomes, monitoring and reviewing time lost and associated costs, and ensuring the delivery of a strong health and wellbeing service.
Location: Adelaide, SA; Brisbane, QLD; Canberra, ACT; Melbourne, VIC; or Sydney, NSW
Salary: AU$117k - AU$138k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Allied Health, Health Safety and Environment or another relevant discipline; extensive knowledge of Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act (1988), and at least 5 to 10 years relevant demonstrated experience leading a team in case management, injury and RTW management within large or complex organisations.
- Demonstrated understanding of occupational rehabilitation, RTW and the practical application of associated legal requirements.
- Experience in leading HSE teams and Injury Management Advisors to achieve team goals and outputs.
- Proven ability to coach and build as the trusted advisor to leaders by influencing a positive culture where case management, rehabilitation and RTW management is considered, ensuring alignment between client needs and CSIRO’s objectives.
- Ability to influence teams and internal and external stakeholders on contentious HSE matters to provide a seamless organisational approach to the delivery of the HSE strategy.
- Experience in influencing and effecting impact on case management, rehabilitation and RTW management and changes in team culture in alignment with the strategic direction of the organisation.
- A record of innovation and creativity in case management, rehabilitation and RTW management.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian/New Zealand Citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident currently residing in Australia.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
Sunday 23 January 2022, 11:00pm AEDT
- Closing Date:
- 23 Jan 2022
- AU$117k - AU$138k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health, Safety and Environment