Quality Control Technician - Multiple Positions - [Archived Advertisement]
Quality Control Technician - Multiple Positions
- Support quality control in the manufacture of vaccine and biotherapeutic candidates
- Work at CSIRO’s state of the art new Advanced Biologics Manufacturing Facility
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive and diverse culture that offers great flexibility
CSIRO’s Manufacturing Business Unit provides multi-disciplinary scientific and engineering capabilities using world-class infrastructure to deliver innovative solutions for our clients. This includes new products, components and materials that allow Australian manufacturers to be globally competitive and environmentally sustainable.
Our Biomedical Manufacturing team requires several current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) Quality Control Technicians to provide support in the field of Quality Control (QC) testing to for GMP manufacture of vaccine and biotherapeutic candidates for use in preclinical and early human clinical (Phase I and Phase II) studies. These positions report to the Team Leader for Protein Production?and will bring knowledge of Analytical test methodologies to support the?development of new human biologic products.
Be part of an expert team working on research of global significance and using state of the art technologies and facilities.
Your duties will include:
- Providing practical support in all aspects of Quality Control for testing of biological products including physiochemical, biological, microbiological, and compendial techniques including weekend work.
- Adhering to the requirements of the Quality Management System (QMS) and Pharmaceutical Quality System (PQS).
- Accurate and timely completion of quality records.
- Supporting the implementation and maintenance of a LIMS for sample tracking and data recording within a GMP environment.
- Undertaking experiments, laboratory analyses or technology development activities (some non-routine) using a range of techniques.
- Assuming ownership of testing equipment and maintaining equipment in a GMP-ready state. Work in partnership with the supervisory staff to maintain the testing laboratory in a state of cGMP compliance and audit-readiness.
- Provide practical support in facility operation including inventory management, maintenance, sanitisation, and cleaning.
Location: Clayton, VIC
Salary: AU$64k - AU$82k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be considered you will need:
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant work experience in Cell Biology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, or Microbiology.
- Demonstrated experience with sterile techniques.
- A current Australian driver’s licence.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office applications.
- Previous experience in cGMP testing of biologics and testing of recombinant protein products is advantageous.
- Experience working in and maintaining quality control laboratories and experience in working under a QMS is desirable.
For full details about this role please review the Position Description
To be eligible to work in CSIRO you must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or either hold, or be able to obtain, a valid working visa.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and provide a National Police Check or equivalent. Additional integrity checks may be required for specific roles which require security clearance for working with children, Australian Government cybersecurity requirements or other identified security roles.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are working hard to recruit people representing the diversity across our society, and ensure that all our people feel supported to do their best work and feel empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO Australia's national science agency, we solve the greatest challenges through innovative science and technology. We put the safety and wellbeing of our people above all else and earn trust everywhere because we only deal in facts. We collaborate widely and generously and deliver solutions with real impact.
Join us and start creating tomorrow today!
How to Apply
Please apply on-line and provide a cover letter and CV that best demonstrate your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of this role.
12 August 2021, 11:00pm AEST
- Closing Date:
- 12 Aug 2021
- VIC - Clayton
- AU$64k - AU$82k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time