- Provide specialist advice on QA and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Support world-leading scientific research in a state-of-the-art high containment facility.
- Join CSIRO's Australian Animal Health Laboratory and make a difference.
CSIRO Australian Animal Health Laboratory is seeking to appoint an experienced Quality Assurance Officer to work with the Quality and Compliance Team at AAHL and provide specialist advice and support for the implementation of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) processes at the Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL).
AAHL is in the process of introducing GLP compliance to animal study activities in addition to our already established Quality Assurance system. Whilst there is an established, NATA Accredited QA process, we have commenced implementing GLP principles, which represents a significant challenge to AAHL.
To be successful in this role you will have experience in a Quality Assurance role with excellent GLP knowledge to be able to drive systems and processes to support AAHL progress towards GLP compliance for some of our research studies. You will need to have a thorough understanding of QA processes in a research setting, be highly organised and able to guide, influence and collaborate with science, animal studies staff and other staff in the implementation and adoption of GLP processes. You will work as part of a QA unit in AAHL and will need to be willing to undertake internal audits and assist in our other QA work obligations of ISO17025, ISO17034, ISO 14001.
To be eligible for this role you must be able to meet AAHL’s microbiological security and security assessment requirements.
Location: AAHL, Geelong, VIC
Salary: AUD$92K - AUD$105K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 58441
To be successful you will need:
- Willingness and ability to adhere to CSIRO AAHL microbiological security requirements, security clearance requirements and HSE policies.
- A relevant Degree or equivalent experience in biological sciences or a related field.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Quality assurance and the ability to drive scientific teams towards compliance in a complex organisation.
- Highly developed Quality Assurance coordination skills including lead auditing experience developed in an accredited laboratory.
- Relevant education and training to demonstrate an advanced understanding and application of OECD and FDA principles of GLP.
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams to establish new quality systems and optimize existing systems utilising team resources to provide a seamless and consistent approach. This includes reviewing documentation, processes and procedures, identify issues, assess compliance, communicate findings clearly and succinctly and provide written reports.
Before you apply please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description document
The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Find out more here! Balance
The CSIRO Australian Animal Health Laboratory (AAHL)
AAHL helps protect Australia’s multi-billion dollar livestock and aquaculture industries, and the general public, from emerging infectious disease threats. It is a high-containment facility designed to allow scientific research into the most dangerous infectious agents in the world.
How to apply: If you wish to apply for this position, please upload 1 document only containing your cover letter and CV/resume that best demonstrates your ability to meet the requirements of the role as defined in the Position description document.
Applications close: 11:59pm AEST, Sunday 21 October 2018