- Can you provide high quality HSE support to CSIRO?
- Do you have experience in a HSE position?
- Use your experience to help the CSIRO HSE team deliver a one-CSIRO HSE culture!
The CSIRO Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) group is seeking an experienced HSE Advisor. You will deliver high quality day to day HSE support for specific teams and during defined periods, as needed and when other HSE team members are on extended leave. In this role you would be supporting a number of business units located in various Sydney locations.
The HSE function within CSIRO seeks to continuously improve the safety of the working environment to prevent injuries and illness, while caring for the natural and built environment. HSE is responsible for supporting the objectives of striving for Zero Harm in CSIRO and the delivery of a one-CSIRO HSE culture through consistency of strategy, procedure and deployment of initiatives. It is committed to reinforcing line management accountability by ensuring that professional and skilled HSE support is available; effective working relationships are developed and sustained; and that best HSE practice can be transferred across CSIRO.
Location: Marsfield NSW
Salary: AU $80k to AU $91k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 12 month Specified Term
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
To be eligible for this position, you will need:
- A Bachelor Degree or higher in Safety, Environment or Science and at least 3 – 5 years’ experience in a HSE position.
- Demonstrated experience in HSE training programs in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Demonstrated experience as a trusted advisor, with the ability to build strong client relationships which foster networks to deliver HSE initiatives whilst contributing positively to a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and consider the implications of a range of available alternatives in order to select the most appropriate response to problems of a familiar or recurring nature.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to put forward ideas by presenting factual information supported by data, definitions, examples, illustrations or other aids, which will assist in conveying meaning.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
Find out more! https://www.csiro.au/en/Careers/A-great-place-to-work/Work-life-balance
How to Apply: Please provide enough information relevant to the selection criteria for this position to enable the assessment panel to determine your suitability, and upload one document containing your CV/resume and cover letter.
Please DO NOT attach any "additional or eligibility: documents as these are not automatically included in the documentation accessible by the selection panel and may be overlooked.
Applications close: 21 September 2017 (10:59pm AEST)