We currently have a full-time open term opportunity for a Workplace Health & Safety Advisor to join QIC’s Risk Management Group Team in Brisbane. Reporting to the Head of Workplace Health and Safety, you will be an active contributor to ensuring all risks, including workplace health and safety, are managed appropriately and consistently across QIC’s offices, assets and portfolios.
The primary objectives of the Workplace Health and Safety Advisor role are to:
- Contribute to ensuring strong and effective workplace health and safety management systems and processes are in place across QIC.
- Contribute to the successful maintenance and implementation of any updates or changes to Health and Safety systems across QIC.
- Contribute to the management of WHS risks associated with QIC’s operations and investments.
- Provide oversight and guidance in relation to the monitoring, resolution and reporting of WHS breaches and incidents.
- Provide oversight and coordinate WHS assurance activities.
- Support, monitor and contribute to the successful administration of WHS practices across QIC.
- Champion a strong culture of safety across QIC.
The ideal candidate
As a strong candidate for this role, you will have a thorough knowledge and understanding of state and national WHS legislation, codes and standards, and the ability to apply these with integrity, judgement and commercial acumen. In addition to this, you will have a Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent degree with post graduate studies in OHS.
The successful candidate will also have the following attributes:
- Experience with the implementation of OHS management systems, standards and initiatives.
- Experience in change management, program management and communication.
- Some experience and an interest in data analytics and either existing knowledge of Power BI or a willingness to rapidly acquire expertise in the use of Power BI, including the ability to provide key insights and focus areas for improvement programs/initiatives.
- Lead auditor qualifications, with some experience in conducting audits.
- ICAM incident investigator or similar. Some experience in conducting incident investigations.
- Ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management and organisation skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- High attention to detail; results focussed and commitment to getting the right outcome.
- Ability to respond quickly to change in a positive manner.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
QIC is a leading long-term specialist manager in alternatives with a focus on infrastructure, real estate and private capital. We also specialise in liquid market solutions, providing multi-asset portfolios, liquid alternatives, active fixed interest and tailored overlays for our clients.
We’re high-performing and care about our clients, our colleagues and society at large. Headquartered in Brisbane, QIC is one of the largest institutional investment managers in Australia with over 800 employees across Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, New York, Los Angeles, Cleveland, San Francisco, London and Copenhagen.
Life at QIC
QIC values and embraces differences and is committed to building an inclusive culture as we know our people do their best when they bring their whole self to work. Our commitment is represented through initiatives including our Reconciliation Action Plan and employee-led diversity networks promoting LGBTI, young professionals and gender equality.
The wellbeing of our employees is at our core. We support your personal development, family and interests while empowering flexibility through initiatives such as; fitness reimbursements, wellness studio, study assistance and generous parental leave. At QIC, we know flexibility means something different to everyone; talk to us about what flexibility means to you. Click here for more information on benefits to support your QIC career journey.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV via our career’s portal. QIC is a fast-moving organisation so we may start reviewing applications before the job advert closes.
We encourage you to visit QIC and follow QIC LinkedIn for more information and the latest industry news.
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by QIC’s Talent Acquisition team. Your respect for this process is appreciated