WHS Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Chandler Macleod (View other jobs from this organisation)
From farm to plate, our client Baiada is one of Australia's leading producers of chicken and turkey products. We are currently looking for a motivated and experienced WHS officer to join the team at Hanwood- one of Baiada's largest fresh processing facilities.
The primary responsibility of a WHS Officer is to support and assist in maintaining safe work systems within the Processing plant with special emphasis on the Workplace Health Safety Management System (BSafe) and its associated disciplines.
Personal Attributes Required:
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve and resolve conflict
- Team player
- Positive, proactive attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to liaise with all staff at all levels
Skills & Experience Required:
- Background in Poultry Processing/Food Manufacturing (desirable, but not essential)
- A strong work ethic and ability to communicate and collaborate with others
- Ability to observe, assess, and report on the safety performance of a workplace, and assist with developing procedures to meet the company's safety systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficient in the use of computers and related technology such as Microsoft Office and software programs.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to make tight deadlines
- Keen observation skills to monitor the safety performance of a workplace and identify risks or hazards
- Basic knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety
- Qualifications or experience in WHS are desirable but not essential
- Current and valid Driver's License
- Legally entitles to work in Australia
If you believe you are the right person for the role, please select 'APPLY NOW' and a consultant will be in touch.
- NSW - Griffith
- Work Type:
- Full Time