A true Industry market leader, a first-time opportunity exists for the lead role of Occupational Health & Hygiene Advisor. This position can support an immediate start and provides a permanent ongoing contract employment opportunity.
The Occupational Health and Hygiene Advisor will work with the Operational and Health, Safety and Environment Team to implement the Health Strategy. Successful implementation of the Health Strategy is essential to ensure exposure to chemical, physical and biological hazards are appropriately monitored and controlled.
Ideally residing in the Lower Hunter area, you will relish the opportunity to really influence successful health, hygiene and safety outcomes for a large contingent workforce, and be comfortable performing physical, practical work methods to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of Occupational Health and Hygiene programs and strategies.
- Conducting Occupational Hygiene Surveys at operational facilities.
- Ensuring all health surveillance is carried out.
- Ensuring Occupational Health and Hygiene information is electronically stored and maintained.
- Assisting in the implementation and maintenance of the OH data management systems.
- Preparing and reviewing internal reports and procedures.
- Providing technical advice on Occupational Health and Hygiene related matters.
- Assisting in investigations and the development and implementation of OH&H controls such as procedures and training.
- Assist in the provision of advice and coordination of asbestos removal from site and asbestos related work
- Assist in the provision of advice and coordination of lead risk work from site and lead risk related work.
- Provision of advice, training, inspection/audit and other assistance on Dangerous Goods, Hazardous Substances and GHS requirements
- Manage the regulatory requirement for documented notification to SafeWork relating to permanent and temporary changes of site stock holdings of Dangerous Goods quantities.
- Coordinate and execute quantitative respirator fit testing of both disposable and reusable respirators.
You will demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Hygiene or related Health discipline.
- Experience in physically conducting monitoring for biological, physical and chemical contaminants.
- Experience in developing health surveillance programs.
- Experience with identifying and/or handling Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Materials.
- Experience in conducting audits, investigations, risk assessments and inspections.
- Understanding of relevant chemical related regulations; Globally Harmonised System (GHS) and Australian Dangerous Goods Code (ADGC).
- Understanding of legislative requirements relating to health surveillance and occupational hygiene.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate practical, hands on experience combined with a high level of self-discipline and commitment to excellence.
What's in it for you
- Great pay rate.
- Live and work in the scenic Hunter Valley.
- Friendly and inclusive company culture.
- Ability to make the role your own.
If you are interested in the opportunity, click Apply now!