As one of the Australia’s largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod’s recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Our Federal Government client is seeking to engage an EL1 Assistant Manager - WHS on a contract for 12 Months, with potential extension.
As the Assistant Manager - Safety and Case Management, you’ll be responsible for leading a small team contributing to raising the profile of Work Health and Safety across the department. The role will primarily be responsible for the implementation of the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Strategy and work closely and collaboratively with people across the department to deliver on WHS services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leading a small team responsible for delivering WHS programs, projects and business as usual deliverables.
- Leading the development and implementation of the Health Safety and Wellbeing Strategy
- Strengthening the departments approach to WHS with the aim to become leaders in WHS in the APS
- Managing strategic Safety Wellbeing and Case Management projects and programs
- Providing subject matter expertise on the business application of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, Safety Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 1988 and relevant standards
- Preparing Safety, Wellbeing and Case Management reports, presentations, briefs, research papers and business improvements relevant to the WHS program
- Reviewing and maintaining the departments WHS risk register to ensure appropriate controls are in place to mitigate WHS risks.
- Preparing documented WHS procedures and processes and assist in the successful implementation of the WHS program
- Conducting WHS incident investigations in line with the department’s incident management procedure.
- Facilitating case management of early intervention and return to work cases both work and non-work related injury/illness
- Maintaining comprehensive knowledge of the relevant regulatory requirements such as compliance, due diligence and WHS risk management
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- strong written and verbal communication skills combined and the ability to negotiate with influence a broad range of stakeholders
- professional, reliable, and have the ability to manage competing priorities
- sound decision making and judgement to produce quality outcomes
- strong stakeholder engagement skills with staff at all levels
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships
- The successful candidate will be required to have a Baseline clearance.
- Experience in case management of early intervention and return to work cases for both work and non-work-related injury and illness is desirable.
The role offers a flexible working arrangement and you can choose to work from home with appropriate setup.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate submit your application by hitting “Apply for this job”. Alternatively, you can call Leanne Porter on 02 6268 9926 or email Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org for further discussion.