HSE Manager Flinders Adelaide Container Terminal - [Archived Advertisement]
Flinders Ports (View other jobs from this organisation)
HSE Manager Flinders Adelaide Container Terminal
About the Company
Flinders Port Holdings is South Australia's leading port services group, and owner of Flinders Ports, Flinders Logistics and Flinders Adelaide Container Terminal - the State's only container operator. They also provide Hydrographic survey services through HydroSurvey Australia, a division of their ports business, Flinders Ports.
We are diverse and committed to delivering the highest quality port services including pilotage, mooring, launch services, port infrastructure, stevedoring, shipping infrastructure management, land infrastructure management, survey and marine control, stevedoring and logistics operations.
Employing across the business in South Australia and our Queensland operation approximately 800 employees, with approximately 300 of these working at Flinders Adelaide Container Terminal.
Reporting to the Group Health Safety and Environment Manager, the HSE Manager FACT will support the development and implementation of work health, safety and environmental initiatives, processes and procedures to manage the risks associated with the operations of Flinders Port Holdings, with a direct responsibility to Flinders Adelaide Container Terminal.
- Based on site at the Adelaide Container Terminal, monitor Port users compliance with their HSE obligations and report non-conformances
- Implement Group HSE initiatives
- Provide advice, interpret policies, legislation, and other instruments under agreed business protocols
- Conduct incident investigations with line management and other relevant people, and assist in the implementation of corrective actions
- Coordinate HSE training and deliver small training workshops as necessary
- Ensure compliance with environmental management systems and compliance with legislation and standards
- Coordinate internal audits conducted in accordance with risk priorities and record, report and monitor outcomes to ensure non- conformances are managed in a timely manner
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree level qualifications in Workplace Health and Safety (or equivalent qualifications)
- Further education in specialist areas of the profession in addition to formal qualifications
- Demonstrated experience in the interpretation of the ISO and AS standards as they apply to Management Systems
- Highly developed interpersonal skills that engenders cooperation, trust and openness with a wide range of internal and external personnel
- Sound knowledge of international and Australian/New Zealand WHS, environment and quality management systems requirements
- Sound knowledge of WHS and Environmental legislation
- Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC), or the ability to obtain
- Knowledge of maritime security
- Knowledge of governance and corporate business operating environments
- Knowledge of the HSE legislation that applies to Flinders Port Holdings
- Knowledge of the customer base, business risks and operational risks of the company
The successful candidate will demonstrate highly developed interpersonal skills, a proven ability to influence change and the ability to achieve outcomes through decisive action.
The ideal candidate will live by our Core Values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Dignity. If you are looking for an opportunity that embraces change and continuous improvements with a major South Australian company, we look forward to receiving your application.
Click on the link provided to submit your application.
All applications must be received by 0800 Friday 13th September 2019
Please ensure your Resume and Cover Letter outlines your experience and qualifications.
A pre-employment medical assessment (including a drug and alcohol test) is required as part of the recruitment process, along with a National Police Check (issued within the past 6 months) is also required to progress your application.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
Flinders Port Holdings is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage a diverse range of candidates to apply for vacant positions.
- Closing Date:
- 13 Sep 2019
- SA - Adelaide
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health, Safety and Environment