Health & Safety Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Autism Association of WA (Inc) (View other jobs from this organisation)
Health & Safety Advisor
The Autism Association of Western Australia is the largest specialist lifespan organisation in Australia, providing support to people with Autism through a wide range of services from early childhood to adulthood. We are deeply committed to enhancing the quality of life of every individual with Autism. The Association has well established professional links both nationally and internationally, and the programs we develop are best-practice and based on leading international peer-reviewed research in the field of Autism. Our team are passionate, courageous, and committed to delivering evidence-based best practice for the people we support and their families.
We are seeking an experienced, confident Health and Safety Advisor to assist the Health and Safety Manager to promote and maintain a safety and wellbeing culture for all employees at the Autism Association. Ideally, you will have:
- Relevant qualification/experience in Occupational Safety and Health.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar role/s.
- Knowledge of key legislative requirements in areas of Occupational Safety and Health.
- Knowledge of Workers’ Compensation and Injury Management legislation (desirable).
- Proficient in incident investigation, health and safety auditing and risk assessments.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience in delivering OSH training to all levels of staff.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Proactive positive ‘can do’ approach in all undertakings.
- Conduct high level accident/incident investigations.
- Assist with accident/incident recording in an electronic database and formulate regular reporting to relevant managers.
- Facilitate regular audits and inspections for compliance.
- Act as a resource for occupational health and safety queries.
- Deliver OSH related training and review training needs analysis.
- Complete risk assessments.
- Develop and deliver Manual Handling programs.
- Create Safe Operating Procedures (SOPs) and complete periodic reviews.
You’ll make a meaningful difference in people’s lives, join a ‘for purpose’ organisation and also receive:
- Extensive training, growth and development opportunities
- A competitive salary that reflects your skills and experience
- Access to generous salary packaging options
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
Click ‘Apply Now’ to upload your resume and introduction letter. Applications close 22 October 2021, but please apply as soon as possible as shortlisting may occur prior to this date.
- Closing Date:
- 22 Oct 2021
- WA - Perth
- Work Type:
- Full Time