Woolworths is Australia’s largest retailer with over 3,500 stores across Australia and New Zealand that span food, liquor, petrol, general merchandise, home improvement and hotels. We are proud of what we deliver and endeavour to create a world class experience for customers across all of our stores and platforms. Woolworths offers real opportunities for career development, for those who love food and putting a smile on our customer’s face.
About the role:
The Health & Safety Insights Manager is a newly created role, leading a team of three passionate individuals to ensure the safety of our customers and team members. A corporate function that reports to the Chief People Officer, the team is responsible for developing safety and health standards, governance reporting and managing regulatory compliance and assurance. We are committed to managing our operations to protect the safety, health and welfare of employees, contractors, customers, suppliers and members of the wider community.
Working with both the safety and workers compensation team, this role manages the data and reporting requirements to identify key drivers, insights, exceptions and trends.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Develop and maintain a framework for safety, health and workers compensation data and analytics, including data security and privacy
- Automate the data interfaces to deliver efficiency
- Improve data integrity and ensure all relevant data sources are captured
- Timely, accurate analysis and reporting to meet weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirements
- Provide actionable insights into performance including opportunities for improvement and enhancement to inform strategy development and tactical planning
- Detecting emerging risk before they become significant issues.
The successful candidate for this role will have a customer first approach with an eagerness to continually improve data quality and reporting. You will have an analytical mindset and strong business acumen to translate data to support the business needs. Further to this, you will ideally have:
- 5 years of data and reporting experience, including Data modelling.
- Good infrastructure technology and information systems understanding (eg SQL,Qlik, Tableau etc)
- Experience in Safety and Health and Workers Compensation reporting, with an understanding of each state Workers Compensation financial drivers and associated legislation
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to manage daily and weekly activities
- Attention to detail and a high quality of work output
- Proficient in data visualisation & Advanced analytics skills
- Business acumen and commercial pragmatism
- Understanding of retail operations
- Ability to build effective working relationships, customer focused
What's in it for you
- An attractive remuneration package
- Opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia
- Training and Education - We pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential and give you the opportunity to be innovative
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our Team Members
We’re resourceful, innovative and willing to experiment. We give you the autonomy to do things your way and make a real impact. We’re a new team with a real focus on culture and a great work-life balance. If this role sounds of interest to you, connect with us.
We’re social! #WOWcareers through LinkedIn #LI , Facebook or via www.wowcareers.com.au