At The Star Sydney we have just one mission – to thrill. That's why we have 'All-Star' chefs and restaurants, brilliant bars, luxurious accommodation, nightclubs and high-end fashion. And, of course, our world-class casino!
Reporting to our Facilities Administration Manager this role will be responsible for reducing incidents and injuries and improving the health, productivity and wellbeing of The Star’s team members.
What will a day in the life of a Safety Advisor look like?
- Developing safe work practices
- Assess existing work procedures and documents
- Facilitate WH&S Training and Toolbox talks to property services team
- Monitor audit points across the department
- Maintain WH&S training database
- Analyse contractor safe work statements
- Proactively identifying WHS risk issues and working with line management and the WHS team develop and implement appropriate controls
- Participating in incident investigations to ensure that root causes are identified and effective corrective actions are developed and implemented
- Working closely with our internal Project team
What skills and experience will I require?
- Operational WHS experience within a large organisation (ideally within hospitality and/or construction)
- Cert IV in Work Health and Safety (or equivalent)
- Understanding of WHS legislation and standards
- Qualifications or experience in both auditing and training
- Demonstrated capability manage and drive change
The Star allows you the opportunity to take advantage of free hot meals on shift daily, discounts to all venues on site, free light rail between The Star and Central, subsidised parking, opportunities to develop your career and other great benefits!
Join Sydney's favourite place to play.
It's your move…