City of Darwin is a major employer in Darwin employing approximately 350 employees. It operates from the Civic Centre in Harry Chan Avenue, four public libraries and service depots in the northern suburbs and in Bishop Street. Our organisational values are customer service, accountability, respect, excellence and solidarity (CARES) and these values are displayed in the way we work and in everything we do to service the Darwin community.
The Safety Business Partner will report to the Manager Safety and contribute to Council's safety management systems through active involvement in leading the development and awareness of a workplace health and safety culture.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Delivery practical and contemporary workplace health and safety advice that fosters a value's drive culture;
- Facilitating work health and safety strategies to support business outcomes;
- Gather and analyse safety statistics that are required to maintain the WHS Management System; and
- Support continuous improvement in the business performance of workplace safety and effectively contribute to raising awareness to reduce workplace incidents and injuries.
In this influential role, you will deliver on day-to-day safety matters as they arise. This position has a strong focus on setting the business up for rapid growth plus improving the performance of the business through their people.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety (or equivalent) and a minimum three (3) years relevant work experience;
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment;
- Demonstrated experience in workers compensation claims management process;
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of safety orientated training, education and information; and
- Demonstrated high level of written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work in an environment that includes workers of varying ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
This is a unique opportunity for a passionate safety professional to drive positive change and be a part of a growing team transforming a high performing business through its people.
Applications close 5pm Monday 14 January 2019
For more information regarding this position, please contact Human Resources and Safety on 08 8930 0667.
Information on this positon, the position description and to submit an application is available fromhttps://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/
Applications addressing the selection criteria and accompanied by a resume should be submitted through our recruitment system prior to the closing date.
As part of Council's recruitment process, successful applications will undergo pre-employment assessments, which may include a medical.
City of Darwin offers six weeks annual leave, district allowance, salary sacrifice options, and the opportunity for continuous professional development and learning.
Chief Executive Officer