City of Darwin is a major employer in Darwin employing approximately 350 employees. It operates from the Civic Centre in Harry Chan Avenue, four public libraries and service depots in the northern suburbs and in Bishop Street. Our organisational values are customer service, accountability, respect, excellence and solidarity (CARES) and these values are displayed in the way we work and in everything we do to service the Darwin community.
The Project Manager Safety will report to the Executive Manager People Culture and Safety you will work collaboratively with senior leadership to develop, implement and monitor effective safety systems, policies, training and practices that address Council's key organisational risks and WHS compliance obligations.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Partnering with the business to provide expert, practical, contemporary work health and safety advice that fosters a value's driven culture;
- Responsible for the comprehensive review of current WHS systems and processes to improve compliance to legislation;
- Manage key projects aligned with the development and implementation of safety and organisational development initiatives; and
- Develop management capability so as to facilitate a safety leadership culture across all organisational levels.
This position has a strong focus on setting the business up for rapid growth plus improving the performance of the business through ensuring safety of its people. To be successful in this role you will need:
- Minimum five (5) years experience in a similar role within a medium to large organisation;
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement skills including the ability to build and sustain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders underpinned by demonstrated communication, influencing, engagement and interpersonal skills;
- Proven experience developing and implementing strategies to support business outcomes whilst meeting deadlines; and
- Excellent planning and organising skills and well developed conceptual and analytical skills.
This is a unique opportunity for Project Management professional to drive positive change and be a part of a growing team transforming a high performing business through its people.
Applications close 5pm Monday 17 December 2018
For enquiries regarding this position, please contact People Culture and Safety on 08 8930 0689.
Information on this positon, the position description and to submit an application is available from https://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/ For more information on the City of Darwin www.darwin.nt.gov.au
Applications addressing the selection criteria and accompanied by a resume should be submitted through our recruitment system prior to the closing date.
As part of Council's recruitment process, successful applications will undergo pre-employment assessments, which may include a medical.
City of Darwin offers six weeks annual leave, district allowance, salary sacrifice options, and the opportunity for continuous professional development and learning.
Chief Executive Officer