Scitech is a world-renowned, award winning, not-for-profit organisation staffed with people who are committed and passionate about fulfilling our mission to increase awareness, interest, capability and participation by all Western Australians in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
We are currently seeking a motivated and influential Health and Safety Advisor to join our high performing People and Culture team on a part-time or full-time arrangement, working 4 to 5 days per week.
As the Health and Safety Advisor, you will aspire to provide quality operational support, ensuring compliance and continuous improvement of Health and Safety processes, systems and behaviours across all areas of Scitech.
To be successful in this role you will:
- be a proactive and flexible safety professional with experience implementing safety projects and initiatives across both corporate and blue-collar work environments.
- have an eye for detail and ability to produce meaningful reporting and compliance documentation, that demonstrates a commitment to quality and statutory reporting.
- have exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills that invoke a collaborative approach to achieving outcomes and objectives.
This is an exciting opportunity to empower others and positively influence health and safety performance and outcomes within a diverse workforce. Some of the perks available are:
- Flexible working conditions – part-time or full-time work, 4 or 5 days per week.
- A fun and supportive team culture and workplace community.
- Access to EAP services for employees and their family members.
- Scitech Membership
- Low fee parking available and very close proximity to trains and public transport routes.
- Click the “Apply” button
- Write a cover letter telling us how great you are
- Attach a current resume outlining your recent and relevant work experience
- Ensure you have the appropriate work rights in Australia for a permanent position
- Include your current WA Working with Children Check (or make sure you are eligible to obtain one)
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity please contact Rebecca Coghill on 0477 22 05 25.
The recruitment process for this vacancy will close as soon as a suitable candidate has been identified with initial shortlisting to be done by phone and/or Zoom/MS Teams call.
Scitech reserves the right to remove this ad at any time and to contact non-nominated referees prior to an offer being made.
We respectfully request that Recruitment agencies refrain from making contact and do not forward candidates for review at this stage, our team are unable to accept unsolicited applications.
Thank you for your understanding.