Based in the Hunter Valley, Eight Recruitment is a boutique recruitment agency specialising in the executive search of professional roles in Mining, Manufacturing, Engineering and Construction industries.
My client is a reputable, diverse commercial construction and property group. Offering a full range of services from design management through to construction management and project delivery, their reputation is built on delivering exceptional project management, cost and construction consulting services across all sectors, for which they have been rewarded with numerous industry awards they have achieved for construction excellence.
With a great portfolio of current and potential projects, an opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Safety Co-ordinator to be based onsite to look after a $30 million heavy industrial construction project.
Reporting into the Project Manager and General Foreman the responsibilities for this role include:
• Carrying out and document safety inspections, audits and observations to ensure compliance with legislative requirements, processes and procedures
• Implementing and ensuring all staff and contractors are appropriately trained and have received site specific inducted and have been communicated SH&E standards, policy, procedures and Safe Work Method Statements
• Comply with project management system and Workplace Health and Safety legislative requirements
• Develop a good rapport with all manner of site staff including leading hands, supervisors, labourers, subcontractors, site managers, management, client representatives and auditors
• Foster a "Safety First" culture on site The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
• Minimum Cert IV in OH&S qualification
• 5 + Years safety coordination on construction projects – ideally with a Tier 1 or Tier 2 background
• Ability to effectively communicate and establish strong working relationships
• Commitment to developing and maintaining a safe working environment
For more details on this position, please contact Nadene Barretto on 0432 124418 or email email@example.com