At Fulton Hogan we work hard to be the best, we give it our all and take pride in what we do. We know we're only as good as our people, so we're committed to hiring, developing and retaining only the best in business! Fulton Hogan is a major civil contracting company offering clients services in civil contracting, construction, infrastructure maintenance, quarrying and asphalt production and surfacing.
The primary function of this position is to promote and support the safety culture of Fulton Hogan's Eastern Region Infrastructure Services business. Your role will see you assist in the development and management of systems and processes on site to achieve an effective safety attitude and working environment, whilst also ensuring company procedures are implemented and monitored at the site level.
You will have the following responsibilities:
- Exhibit leadership for safety performance and compliance in the Region
- Support each site in the preparation of safety documentation to identify and control the sites risks (i.e. Work Place Risk Assessments, Safety Plans, Chemical Registers etc.)
- Support the operations in safety system implementation
- Identify and implement changes and improvements to the safety aspects of the IMS within the Region
- Provide safety training throughout the Region
- Conduct safety, desktop and CoR audits and assessments as per the schedule; identify and assess safety performance and opportunities for improvement across the Region
- Participate in investigations to identify underlying causes of significant non-conformance, near misses and incidents to prevent re-occurrence
- Prepare and enact safety communications including articles, meetings, toolboxes and presentations both internally and externally.
- Assist and manage Return to Work employees and liaise with insurer and external return to work parties
- Complete test & tagging as required - Training to be provided.
To be successful in this position you will require the following skills/experience:
- Diploma of Work Health & Safety (minimum Cert IV requirement)
- A "hands on" attitude to safety, demonstrated by a willingness to be on site
- Proven results as an SEQ all-rounder across all levels – crew to client
- Ability to undertake internal inspections and audits to collect data to manage chain of responsibility and
- Ability to conduct HSE risk management reviews and associated processes
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Advanced knowledge of Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- Knowledge of environmental compliance (preferable)
- Training in a recognised incident investigation methods (preferable)
- Training & Assessment Cert. (preferable)
- Willingness and ability to travel across various NSW locations – this role requires flexibility to at times work away from home (5-8 nights per calendar month).
- An opportunity to join a multinational civil contractor that genuinely cares for its people. You're not just a number!
- Excellent compensation structure in place to attract the industries best
- You will be provided with the autonomy to develop and promote initiatives within your role
At Fulton Hogan we are committed to our REAL values of Respect, Energy and Effort, Attitude and Leadership and these define how we approach our work. We are seeking to employ and foster the development of employees who share our commitment to these values.
If you feel this position is a good fit for your skills, experience and values, please apply now.