Work Health and Safety Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Work Health and Safety Coordinator
Reporting to the Organizational Risk Manager, this newly created role will assist with developing and implementing improved WHS management systems and processes with the aim of achieving safe working environments across the organization.
Operating four business streams of Early Years Management, Outside School Hours Care, Youth Services and Recreation, which are all supported by our Corporate Services team, you will utilize your knowledge and experience to actively work towards ensuring compliance with applicable legislation and communicating and embedding best practice standards across a variety of service delivery areas.
This will be a hands-on role that will provide you with the opportunity to work within a growing organization with many new and exciting changes taking place, including the development of a comprehensive WHS Management Framework. This Framework will be supported by a newly acquired Governance, Risk and Compliance Management System, for which the work of this position will be an integral part of.
There will be plenty of challenges along the way but throughout the journey you will be supported, have fun and join a vibrant team that enjoys witnessing the impact of their work across the organizations and communities in which we operate.
Role: Work Health and Safety Coordinator
Job Type: Part Time Fixed Term for 12 months
Start Date: As soon as possible
Hours: 25 per week
Location: Ballarat Headoffice
- Formal qualifications in WHS, Diploma level or above with a minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
Experience / Knowledge
- Knowledge of relevant WHS legislation, regulations and best practice standards.
- Experience delivering WHS support, advice and guidance in a diverse operational environment.
- Experience in creating, developing, and managing relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience and proficiency in the management of WHS related incidents and investigations.
- Experience in developing and implementing WHS policies, practices and strategies.
- Experience of utilizing and maintaining a Risk management system
- Experience in working across a diverse range of services and service locations.
- Highly organized with the ability to absorb and analyze large amounts of information.
- Exceptional presentation and communications, with the ability to communicate and influence a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to lead, empower and collaborate within a diverse environment. Proven ability to work as an effective team member
- Ability to work within a fast paced, progressive environment and to manage change.
- Resilient and passionate in their work.
- Ensures the health, safety and welfare of self and others.
- Demonstrates values that align with the YMCA, including contributing to a workplace that is free of discrimination, harassment and bullying behaviors at all times.
- A team player, working towards a united goal.
- Strong internal motivation, initiative, and drive for successful outcomes with the capacity to deal with the peaks and flows of the role.
For a confidential discussion please contact Craig Mathieson at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please visit our career page http://bit.ly/Y-jobs.
Please note for all the roles it is expected that a Resume, Cover Letter and completed Key Selection Criteria using a word file is attached in your online application. To view key selection criteria, please visit our career page on http://bit.ly/Y-jobs
*** Only accepting online applications, email applications will not be considered***
YMCA, including our Board of Directors are committed to the safety and wellbeing of children and young people in accordance with our Safeguarding Children and Young People frameworks.
YMCA Ballarat requires all applicants to undergo checks prior to commencement including, police checks, international police checks, WWCC and reference checks as a minimum.
YMCA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity.
Applications close 22/02/2021 at 11:59pm
- Closing Date:
- 26 Feb 2021
- VIC - Ballarat
- Work Type:
- Part Time