- Band 4 - $69K - $73K + Super
- 12 month fixed-term position
- Opportunity – to be part of the administration team supporting great projects to shape the future of Moreland
At Moreland our diverse community is vibrant and full of energy, with an array of community services and place making, fabulous festivals, cool pools, libraries and a recently designed gallery space, scenic bike paths and a community of artists and creative industries and shops. We are a progressive cosmopolitan council with 180,000 residents and with ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. Moreland's Civic Centre is located Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, with excellent public transport options, great food and cafés, providing Moreland to be a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our City Development Branch has an opportunity for a highly motivated administrative professional keen to test their skills in a high performing team structure. The position plays a vital role in City Development’s delivery of Council’s Town Planning, Building and Environmental Health Services.
The position involves a range of administrative tasks including maintaining computer records, dealing with correspondence, preparing documentation for external stakeholders, dealing with general enquiries and customer service.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- An understanding of the development approvals and/or environmental health process in Victoria
- Experience using the computer database Pathway will be highly regarded
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for Customer Service
- Strong organisational skills
- Initiative is the key to success
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Fortnightly RDO
- Salary sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Wellness programs- 3 free gym classes & social club
For further information please contact Carla Campbell-Redl on 9240 2242.
Please note, you are only required to provide a Cover Letter and Resume.
Applications close: 5pm, 3 August 2020 (*in the case that we receive a high volume of applications we may close this advert before the closing date).
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.