- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city Councils
- $98K - $110K + Super
- Maximum term position to June 2022
Moreland is a vibrant and energetic place, highly regarded for its cosmopolitan community, array of fabulous festivals, cool pools, eclectic shops, scenic bike paths and its community of artists and creative industries. A progressive council with 180,000 residents, Moreland is proud of its diversity and its ambitions for environmental sustainability, social justice and community wellbeing. With its Civic Centre located in Coburg, just 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at their doorstep. Moreland City Council is a great place to live, work and play.
Find out more about Moreland City Council here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FiM3A5hS9Y
Moreland Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to, and engagement with, their community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This senior role will coordinate the planning, implementation and review of Moreland City Council’s emergency management responsibilities internally, and in partnership with other emergency management and community safety organisations. This position will work closely with the Council’s compliance, environment, community services, infrastructure and open space staff to ensure that Council’s emergency management functions are undertaken effectively.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- A tertiary degree or equivalent qualification is required, together with further formal qualifications and experience in the emergency management area.
- Experience in managing emergencies and/or experience in relief and recovery management is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated project management skills and experience in planning, managing and delivery of complex and diverse projects.
- Sound knowledge of Emergency Management principles, including role of building community resilience in supporting and sustaining communities.
- Ability to lead, influence and gain cooperation of internal and external key stakeholders.
- Well-developed relationship building, consultation and community engagement skills.
- Current Working with Children Check and Police Check.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Active Social Club
- Salary sacrifice options
For further information or a confidential conversation, please contact Ros Pruden on 9240 1237 or to apply online, go to Careers at Moreland at https://erecruit1.mercury.com.au/MorelandCity/
Applications close: 5pm, 5 June 2020.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.