- $73K - $83K + Super
- Full time permanent role with access to a fortnightly RDO
- Job Ref: 17986
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, the Moreland City Council offices are just 8km from the CBD and are easily accessible by public transport or cycling.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a highly organised, experienced administrator with a 'can do' attitude to coordinate Council's audit and quality assurance activities. You will be responsible for administering Council's Internal Audit function, including the Audit and Risk Management Committee, and support the establishment of quality system principles. You will also undertake auditing activities to provide assurance on internal controls and commitment to audit outcomes.
You will have experience as an administrator and an understanding of quality assurance principles, internal audit and a committee environment. You will demonstrate initiative, strong customer focus and the ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Relevant qualification in risk management or business administration with some relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with substantial relevant experience in municipal administration / risk management or related field.
- An understanding of Quality Assurance principles and typical procedures.
- An understanding of Internal Audit and a committee environment.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to administer a complex program of delivery with multiple stakeholders.
- Initiative, independence and ability to work in a team.
- A high level of organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple tasks and priority setting skills.
- Computer skills with knowledge of IT applications and packages including Microsoft Office.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Fortnightly RDO
- Opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- Work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Jodie Watson on 9240 2387.
Applications close: 5pm, Sunday 18 August 2019. Interviews will take place on Thursday 22 August 2019 at Coburg Civic Centre.
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.