- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- $96K – $108K + Super
- Full time position / Monthly RDO
- Job Ref: 17880
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and covers more than 50 square kilometres and is one of Melbourne’s most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Council offices are located in Coburg, just 8km from the CBD and offer excellent public transport and cycling access for employees. Working for Moreland will give individuals an opportunity to make a real contribution and have a tangible impact on the community.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a great opportunity to work with the Community Development and Social Policy Team on initiatives that strengthen the community wellbeing, contribute to the quality of life and social justice outcomes in Moreland.
Your role will involve working with community and community organisations and a staff across Council to deliver on social policy outcomes.
As it is a supervisory role it includes being a part of the leadership team that leads strategic and operational functions within the Branch.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Facilitate partnerships to implement Council’s key community wellbeing and human rights commitments;
- Respond to community wellbeing, capacity building and human rights issues both internally and in the community through program design using a strength-based approach; and
- Support staff to implement, monitor, evaluate and report on key deliverables.
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Fantastic working culture
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- A real sense of Work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Nalika Peiris,Unit Manager Community Development and Social Policy on 9240 2364.
Applications close: 5pm, 31 May 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.