- Circa $125K including Super + Benefits
- Full time permanent Senior Executive Officer role
- New position leading an exciting change agenda
ABOUT THE ROLE
Moreland City Council are transforming as we embark on a journey to become a customer-centric, high performing team, focused on delivering exceptional values for our organisation. We have a refreshed strategy in place after a recent change in the organisational structure. What we are seeking an enthusiastic, driven and innovative people leader to help us turn our goals into actions.
As the Unit Manager People & Safety you will report into the HR Operations Manager and be accountable for the day to day operations of the People & Safety team. This will include, leading the team and implementing a sustainable business partnering and case management model. Working with the team to improve and enhance activities across the employee life cycle including recruitment, on boarding, workforce planning and management, and performance management. In addition, supporting OHS and WorkCover specialists to deliver high quality and proactive health and safety initiatives that improve compliance and reduce risk for employees and the organisation.
The City of Moreland is changing as we align our organisation to meet the needs of a fast-growing city and home to more than 170,000 residents who are culturally and linguistically diverse, speaking more than 140 different languages.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Degree or Post Graduate qualification in a relevant management and/or HR related discipline
- Ability to develop a positive and proactive customer first culture
- Proven generalist HR experience gained in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to partner with all levels of management and staff to coach and support in relation to OHS and Human Resources
- Have a sound understanding of compliance obligations and legislation as they relate to OHS and HR
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
- Commitment to enabling work-life balance for employees
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
- Fun, supportive and friendly team
For further information please contact Vanessa O’Toole HR Operations Manager on 9240 1165.
Applications close: Sunday April 7th, 2019 with interviews to be held on Tuesday April 16th 2019
To apply and obtain a position description, and view the Key Selection Criteria, please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.