Bairnsdale Regional Health Service (View other jobs from this organisation)
Based in a beautiful part of Victoria, working for BRHS will enable you to pursue your profession and have a fantastic work/life balance. You will experience a relaxed lifestyle in a clean, green and beautiful area with significant natural and ecological advantages. With the Gippsland lakes and beaches, national parks and snowfields on your doorstep, this will be the best move you ever made!
Fantastic Career & Lifestyle opportunity
Make the change & join East Gippsland's largest employer
Are you seeking a new challenge with an employer who will provide professional development opportunities, extensive salary packaging and generous leave accruals? If so, then read on!
This role offers a great career opportunity to coordinate health and safety in a multifaceted workplace. In return, you will enjoy role variety, rewarding work making a real difference and scope to reach your full potential.
The objective of this role is to lead and coordinate a BRHS workplace safety program that meets legislative obligations and achieves organisational objectives by providing a safe and healthy workplace for all.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing ongoing coordination and oversight of the OHS plan to ensure alignment with ISO 45001
- Take responsibility to ensure that all OHS incidents are investigated in a comprehensive and timely manner
- Providing expert OHS advice and guidance to all levels of management, Health and Safety Representatives and employees
- Undertaking statistical analyses of OHS incidents/hazards and providing comprehensive reports with trend analyses, risk control measures, and consideration of contributing factors
- Ensuring the development and delivery of appropriate education and training to relevant parties
What you need:
- Minimum Certificate IV in Workplace Health and Safety (or other related discipline)
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in an Occupational Health & Safety coordination role
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of contemporary health and safety legislation, including hazard identification, assessment and control, workplace OHS inspections, audits and accident investigations.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills with the proven ability to influence and negotiate outcomes, and drive change to create a strong health and safety culture.
- Please refer to the position description for other key selection criteria requirements.
What we can offer you:
- Opportunity to gain significant experience progressing OHS systems in a complex organization and making a significant impact on employee wellbeing
- A collaborative, supportive and friendly team environment
- A competitive remuneration package, great salary packaging opportunities and a strong professional development culture
- An amazing work/life balance living on the Gippsland Lakes in a stunning part of Victoria
Contact: Danielle McToldridge, Acting General Manager, People & Culture on 03 5150 3488
Applications are to include a covering letter, resume (including two professional referees) and response to the key selection criteria and be submitted at www.brhs.com.au
For information on East Gippsland, visit Live East Gippsland
- VIC - Bairnsdale
- Extensive salary packaging options
- Work Type:
- Full Time
- Health, Safety and Environment