Sydney Children's Hospitals Network is the largest paediatric health care entity in Australia. We care for thousands of children each year in our hospitals and in their homes — with one purpose in mind — to help young people live their healthiest lives.
Employment Type: Temporary Part Time up to 18-Jun-2021 (Maternity Leave)Position Classification: Health Mgr Lvl 2Remuneration: $97 812 - $116 013 (Full time equivalent)Hours Per Week: 24Location: WestmeadRequisition ID: REQ167630
What you'll be doing
The Clinical Governance Unit (CGU) has the roles of support, performance and conformance in developing and monitoring policies and procedures for improving systems of care. The CGU will oversee the risk management of patient safety and clinical quality by building upon existing incident management and investigation systems.
The main functions of the CGU patient safety team is managing and overseeing of incident management; ensuring that all patient deaths are reviewed; providing support to clinicians and managers for clinical quality improvement strategies and clinician performance review; developing organisation-wide policies relating to patient safety and clinical quality; and reporting to the Safety & Quality Improvement Committee, that is over seen by the Organisation’s Health Care Quality Committee on the effectiveness of these initiatives.
The purpose of the position is to:
• Work collaboratively with senior and line managers to provide advice and support in relation to preparing, maintaining, and improving information and reporting systems associated with patient safety and clinical quality
• Manage and coordinate the Incident Information Management System (IIMS) including data entry, providing data reports to inform decision making; coordination of Reportable Incident Briefs (RIBS) and incident investigations; and monitoring of performance indicators.
• Undertake and coordinate quality and safety activities within the facility as directed by the Network Manager of Patient Safety.
SCHN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage all suitably qualified applicants to apply, including Indigenous Australians, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
As this is a “Category A” position, please refer to the Application Guide for vaccination requirements.
This position requires a Working with Children Check (WWCC) issued by the Office of the Children’s Guardian. For more information on how to apply for the clearance, please visit the Office of the Children’s Guardian Website https://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. We recognise the value of Aboriginal staff providing health care to Aboriginal children and families that access the services we provide at the Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network. Aboriginal job applicants are encouraged to visit the NSW Health Aboriginal Recruitment tool, Stepping Up to assist in preparing your application.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Ben Hamlin on Ben.Hamlin@health.nsw.gov.au
Applications Close: 14th June 2020