About St John NT
St John Ambulance Australia (NT) is an incorporated charitable organisation, operating throughout the Northern Territory and dedicated to the relief of persons in sickness, distress, suffering or danger.
As WHS Officer, your primary objective is to drive improvement and consistency across the organisation in all areas of WHS including Workers Compensation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Managing worker's compensations claims and return to work plans.
- Lead risk assessments on key organisation wide risks and ensure implementation of required controls.
- Provision of safety subject matter expertise for all aspects of Workplace Health and Safety
- Assist in the development and delivery of training of staff
- Carry out workplace inspections, and safety audits across the organisation.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Solid experience in an WHS and injury management role
- The ability to coach, mentor and influence internal stakeholders
- Working knowledge of the Work Health & Safety legislation as well as injury and claims management
- Be a strong team player with the ability to take on ad hoc work when required
- Minimum qualification required is Certificate IV Work Health & Safety
For a position description please email email@example.com
Closing date 15th February 2018