: Permanent Full TimePosition Classification
: Exercise Physiologist Lvl 4Remuneration
: 103441 - 106026Hours Per Week
: 38Requisition ID
What you'll be doing
This position is responsible for the day to day coordination, facilitation and promotion of safe work practices with a specific focus on hazardous manual tasks (HMT) and ergonomics. They will also provide support to the Manager WHS; Operational Logistics and ensure related policy, procedures and skills remain current, reflective of best practice in WHS as well as being responsive to the needs of the organisation.
The role will be involved in research and training focussed on the reduction of physical injuries making key recommendations on safe work practices and ensuring any initiative or program of works remains relevant. The role will develop educational packages for all staff to be delivered in both class room and operational environments.
The position will also provide recommendations to staff regarding safe work practices, assessment of manual handling techniques, ergonomics and advice regarding suitable alternate duties for injured workers and post injury return to work training and/or treatment.
- Appropriate Degree or equivalent qualification, in Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy or human movements, inclusive of the exercise physiology elective and eligible for accreditation from Exercise Sports Science Australia (ESSA).
- Must have the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Experience in undertaking research required for procedure and skills development and review.
- Knowledge of early intervention injury management principles.
- High level computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft applications and internet.
- High level of written and verbal communication and negotiation skills, including the ability to liaise, coach and counsel with a diverse range of people.
- Ability to create and deliver educational sessions in relation to WHS and HMT for different size groups and knowledge base; and
- Ability to provide sound advice with regard to correct manual handling techniques and ergonomic assessments.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Clare Pemberton on 93207673
Applications Close: 10 December 2017