Media Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
WorkSafe Victoria (View other jobs from this organisation)
The Media Team assist with the development and implementation of communications strategies to promote WorkSafe’s reputation as a leader in workplace injury prevention and helping injured workers return to work.
About the role
The Media Officer will assist the media team prepare strategies to promote a large range of media campaigns using traditional social media networks. The Media Officer will also develop an in-depth understanding of occupational health and safety matters and workers’ compensation issues in order to help the media team deliver effective government relations, stakeholder relations, and corporate communications activities. Key accountabilities will also include:
- Assist the media team implement its 24/7 media strategies. Respond to journalists and liaise with a range of people across all levels of the business and government to ensure accurate information is provided to the media team in a timely manner.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of WorkSafe issues, events and activities and ensure key messages are consistent with WorkSafe’s business objectives. Respond to external stakeholders and media with high levels of complexity, uncertainty and risk.
- Under the guidance of the Media Manager, research and write communication materials.
- Liaising with government and external stakeholders in relation to the preparation and management of a range of WorkSafe media events (e.g. external media releases).
- Play a role in the monitoring of print, electronic and social media and the provision of media analysis to internal clients.
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role.
You are an experienced Media Officer who ideally has experience working as a journalist and a solid understanding of the Victorian media landscape and media operations. You will also possess:
- The ability to communicate effectively and liaise in a professional manner with internal and external clients/stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to plan, prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, under extreme time pressure and with changing priorities and deadlines.
- A close attention to detail and a passion for accuracy.
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in journalism, communications, public relations or similar
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 11:00pm, Tuesday 3rd August 2021. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we’re committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
Our goals are to embed in every workplace a proactive, prevention-led approach to health and safety across the state, and to provide a personalised, tailored service for every Victorian who comes into contact with WorkSafe.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.
- Closing Date:
- 03 Aug 2021
- VIC - Geelong
- $89,451 per annum + superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time