About the role
As the Strategic Workforce Planner you will be responsible for planning future workforce requirements. This role supports WorkSafe’s strategic priority of prevention-led by ensuring the future composition and shape of the workforce is able to deliver the organisation’s strategy. This role will:
- Conduct strategic workforce planning to support the development of resourcing plans that define the future required workforce shape, including; diversity, capacity, capability, cost etc.
- Provide advice and insight on how to align the workforce to meet long term strategic objectives
- Conceptualise future scenarios, taking into account the external environment, to assist senior leaders to better understand future workforce impacts
- Develop gap analyses between actual and predicted workforce requirements and make recommendations to address
- Create and coordinate talent management and succession planning cycles
- Partner with key stakeholders across People & Culture to proactively mature Strategic Workforce Planning culture and methodology, ensuring links and dependencies with other Business Unit initiatives are understood
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
As the successful candidate you’ll be a strategic thinker with superior conceptual skills. You’re stakeholder engagement skills are highly developed and you’re confident in your ability engage with and influence others.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver work that is strategic and conceptual
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyse and evaluate complex issues, provide strategic advice and report in a concise and authoritative manner
- Experience in developing strategic workforce plans
- Experience in the use of data visualisation software is a bonus
- Advanced computer skills in Excel
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm, Monday 2nd March 2020. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and/or Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Katherine Bray on (03) 4243 8895.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we’re committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe 2030 will ensure that WorkSafe Victoria remains at the forefront of workplace health and safety, and meets the community’s high expectations in relation to managing the workers’ compensation scheme at a time of rapid workplace change. WorkSafe 2030’s prevention-led approach will save lives and reduce injuries. It will deliver affordable premiums and lower administration costs for employers, freeing up their time and resources.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.