About the role
The Major Hazards Program exists to provide regulatory oversight of Victoria’s 41 Major Hazard Facilities. This is achieved via a licensing regime, based around assessment of each facility’s Safety Case and a comprehensive program of site inspections.
You will case manage a number of Major Hazard Facilities, including conducting Safety Case assessments and providing oversight of their safety performance. You will also provide the highest level of Process Safety expertise for the program.
- You will influence Major Hazard Facilities to continuously improve their safety performance
- You will act as a mentor and provide guidance and support to Major Hazard Program members and members of other relevant agencies.
- You will provide high level technical input to support the strategic planning, policy and legislation in regards to these facilities.
- You will identify areas for improvement and use your skill set to develop and implement changes to better the current process.
- You will communicate complex information to a varied group of stakeholders, tailoring your style and content to your audience.
Please ensure you take a look at the Position Description provided for additional information on accountabilities for this role. www.wemake.worksafe.vic.gov.au
You are an experienced Process Safety professional who wants to make a difference. You possess appropriate tertiary qualifications in engineering or process chemistry and ideally, are recognised as a Professional Process Safety Engineer under the IChemE accreditation scheme. Your technical and analytical skills are second to none and you pride yourself on your strong stakeholder engagement and influencing abilities. A team oriented person, you enjoy providing impactful information to your team and stakeholders.
- At least 10-15 years experience within the Major Hazards Facilities environment or related process industries, including industrial/operational experience, and /or regulatory or consulting experience in relation to major hazards
- You communicate in an articulate way around technical information and can simplify complex subject matter to engage an audience.
- You enjoy acting as a senior member of a team and you are keen to mentor and support other team members.
Working with Us
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
WorkSafe employees enjoy: Discounted Gym & Pool Memberships | WELL Rated Building | Group Training & Yoga Classes | Very active Social Club | Pool & Table Tennis | Sparkling Water | Discounted Prescription Eyewear | Career Opportunities and Working for your Community!
Applications close 11:00pm Tuesday 2nd July 2019. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Candidate screening may take place prior to the advertisement closing, so get your application in.
For further enquiries please contact Sarah on 03 9641 1159.
WorkSafe has a proud history. Over more than 30 years, we have worked hard with employers and workers to create safer workplaces.
During this time, Victoria’s workers’ compensation scheme has helped more than one million injured workers receive compensation, rehabilitation and medical services, while maintaining one of the lowest premium rates in Australia.
However, our workplaces and industries are changing rapidly and we are rapidly changing to be more prevention lead and client centric to our community.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.