- $122,681 per annum + 9.5% super
- Full Time / Permanent Position
- Melbourne based / Relocating to Geelong by June 2018
An exciting opportunity for a highly experienced individual to join our Legislation, Policy & Information Services division. The successful candidate will possess strong economic and analyst experience, where possible within a Government department.
At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we’re committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe is relocating its headquarters to Geelong by 2018. Prior to this date, this role will be based at 222 Exhibition Street, Melbourne.
About the role
The purpose of the Manager, Analysis and Evaluation is to strategically manage the economic analysis of proposed reforms to the occupational health and safety and accident compensation legislative schemes to support the development of policy and delivery of legislative and regulatory solutions, and in the evaluation of those solutions.
The role will:
- Manage and coordinate cost benefit analysis (economic analysis) of any propose reforms, including leading the development of required Regulatory Impact Statements (RIS), Legislative Impact Assessment (LIA).
- Coordinate obtaining required actuarial advice to support the Victorian Government in determining appropriate policy and / or legislative and regulatory reforms.
- Determine strategic information and data requirements to support change across occupational health and safety, dangerous goods and compensation legislation and regulations.
- Engage WorkSafe Senior business partners and corporate strategy programs to ensure delivery of strategic information and data requirements.
Skills & experience
- Proven ability and demonstrated experience (years of service) in conducting economic analysis including cost benefit analysis on the impact of regulation on businesses (such as the development of RISs or LIAs), preferably in a Government or regulatory environment
- Ability to use quantitative economic tools to develop robust economic policy advice, forecasts and innovative research outcomes
- Experience in strategic planning and evaluation, where possible in relation to legislative or regulatory frameworks
- Demonstrated experience in evaluation of multiple products of influence on a regulatory environment using varying methodologies, tools and approaches to stakeholder consultation
Benefits & culture
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and offer flexibility to facilitate work/life balance. People who are seeking part-time or job share arrangements are encouraged to apply.
In return we offer a range of great benefits, including work variety, workplace flexibility and leave options, learning and development opportunities, study support, a leading health and wellbeing program, contribution to gym memberships and prescription eye wear and discounted corporate health insurance rates. WorkSafe prides itself on being a great place to work.
No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check (and Medical Assessment) as part of the recruitment process.
Applications close midnight Friday 23rd February, 2018. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
For further enquiries please contact Nadine Fleming via email at email@example.com
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.