At WorkSafe, our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
The Insurance Business Unit oversees the implementation and operation of workers' compensation legislation in Victoria. They are dedicated to ensuring injured workers and employers are provided with valued quality service and supporting injured workers through their recovery to return to safe and sustainable work.
About the role
The Claims Division is responsible for ensuring Return to Work, Service and Financial sustainability across claims for the Victorian Workers’ Compensation Scheme. This includes management of weekly entitlements throughout the claims cycle.
This role will:
- Lead a team of technical experts and develop team capability to ensure outcomes and projects are appropriately managed
- Provide strategic direction and support to improve the oversight and effective management of weekly entitlements on claims post acceptance (including long tail).
- Provide analysis & advice on strategic and operational issues (including legislation and agent processes).
- Develop and implement effective operational strategies to improve overall scheme performance
- Engage key internal stakeholders and Agents to improve capability, processes and systems
WorkSafe is relocating its headquarters to Geelong by 2018. This position will be based in the Geelong office from mid-2018. Prior to this date, this role will be based at 222 Exhibition Street.
Skills & experience
- Expert knowledge of the systems, legislation and regulations governing the functioning of the workers’ compensation industry
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (desirable)
- Demonstrated ability to investigate, research and provide authoritative recommendations
- Proven experience in leading and managing projects, co-ordinating the activities of others and influencing senior stakeholders to an agreed outcome
- Excellent interpersonal skills and personal values, including empathy and respect, resilience, initiative, accountability and decisiveness
- Proven internal and external stakeholder skills, especially in relation to building effective relationships to provide support and advice, and to facilitate team activities.
Benefits & Culture
In return we offer a range of great benefits, including work variety, workplace flexibility and leave options, learning and development opportunities, study support, a leading health and wellbeing program, contribution to gym memberships and prescription eye wear and corporate health insurance rates. WorkSafe prides itself on being a great place to work.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You will be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Applications close Monday 11th December 2017, however interested applicants are encouraged to submit their resume ASAP. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.