At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same, diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
WorkSafe is relocating its headquarters to Geelong by July 2018. This position will be based in the Geelong office from 2018. Prior to this date, this role will be based at 222 Exhibition Street.
The Legislation, Policy and Information Services Division (LPIS) develops and maintains the laws administered by WorkSafe by updating legislative and regulatory instruments to implement government policy. LPIS provides strategic policy advice on OHS and Workers Compensation issues and contributes to national policy forums, including a number of Safe Work Australia forums. The Division also develops codes, guidance and information materials to support duty holder compliance with Victoria's OHS and workers compensation legislation.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Stakeholder Engagement and Communications you will lead the development and implementation of effective internal and external stakeholder engagement and communications. This will include the review, development and implementation of legislative and policy projects. You will also;
- Represent WorkSafe at multiple internal and external meetings and forums
- Provide prompt written and verbal advice to Senior Managers on legislative, policy and political issues
- Manage the development and implementation of stakeholder engagement including communications plans
Skills & experience
- Demonstrated significant experience in developing and managing stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated understanding of the processes and content required for stakeholder engagement.
- Exceptional formal communication skills (written and verbal) and a demonstrated eye for detail.
- Experience in developing communications plans, messages and materials
Benefits & culture
In return we offer a range of great benefits, including work variety, workplace flexibility and leave options, learning and development opportunities, study support, a leading health and wellbeing program, contribution to gym memberships and prescription eye wear and discounted corporate health insurance rates. WorkSafe prides itself on being a great place to work.
No applications from recruitment agencies will be accepted.
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Applications close midnight Monday, 27th November 2017. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.