At WorkSafe our passion for the wellbeing of Victorian workers brings us together. Our people come from a wide range of professions and with no two days ever being the same; diverse thinking comes naturally to us. As we build the WorkSafe of the future we're committed to delivering industry best practice to our people, our customers and the community.
This is an exciting time to join Worksafe, with lots of opportunities becoming available. If you are looking for an organisation that is values driven, forward thinking and a role that challenges you, whilst leading a dynamic team. We are currently seeking Senior Manager, Information and Guidance for our Legislation, Policy and Information Services (LPIS) Division. WorkSafe's LPIS Division provides strategic policy advice on OHS and Workers Compensation issues and contributes to national policy forums, including a number of Safe Work Australia forums. The Division also develops codes, guidance and information materials to support duty holder compliance with Victoria's OHS and workers compensation legislation.
The Manager, Information & Guidance, will be responsible for leading a team in the development of statutory guidance (eg Compliance Codes) and contributing to the development of non-statutory guidance material. Some of the main duties include (but not limited to);
- Provide high quality policy advice on issues associated with the development and maintenance of Compliance Codes, WorkSafe Positions, and non-statutory guidance.
- Represent WorkSafe externally to promote continued high level support, understanding, and achievement of WorkSafe objectives with respect to statutory and non-statutory information, by industry, government, professional bodies and the community.
- Ensure effective internal and external stakeholder consultation on the development of statutory and non-statutory information.
- Maintain working knowledge of information initiatives of other regulators generally, and of other OHS regulators (Australian and international)
- Develop and implement processes to track and report on progress of the development of Compliance Codes, WorkSafe Positions and non-statutory information and guidance.
- Monitor effectiveness of statutory and non-statutory information and guidance and recommend ways to continuously improve their effectiveness.
- Analyse data to develop recommendations for statutory and non-statutory information and guidance. .
- Lead, motivate and manage a small team of technical/legal professionals in maintaining and developing statutory and non-statutory information and guidance.
- Monitor standards and quality of work and develop and implement strategies to improve staff performance and services to meet internal and external client expectations
Skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications
- Experience in the development and/or management of guidance material (particularly legislative or technical) and/or the systems that support them.
- Demonstrated exceptional relationship building skills and influencing skills, with the ability to influence behaviour and attitudes at all levels.
- Highly-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant experience in the management of a professional team.
- A relevant tertiary qualification is desirable
- An understanding of/and interest in OHS is desirable
Only people with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position. You may be required to undergo a National Police Check as part of the recruitment process.
Applications close midnight Tuesday 27th June, 2017. Click the link to apply, and join us in making a difference to Victorian lives.
WorkSafe are striving to build a diverse workforce that reflects the Victorian community we serve.