Metricon Homes, a leading multi award winning new home builder is committed to recruiting outstanding individuals who share our passion for delivering quality, service and award winning living solutions for Australian families. We have a proud history of building quality homes for Australians since 1976.
This challenging role is solely site based, which will take you in and around NSW.Reporting to the Workplace Health & Safety Manager, your responsibilities will include:
Metricon will offer you:
- Implement Work Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems (WHSMS) and assist with its compliance;
- Facilitate amendments and provide guidance to WHSMS implementation process at site level;
- Complete reporting on WHS performance and provide WHS advice to the Site Managers, with consideration to due diligence obligations;
- Identify WHS training requirements for the VIC Business Unit site staff;
- Assist with assessment of subcontractor documentation/new contractor pack submissions;
- Facilitate workplace inspections and internal audits, while monitoring compliance to the incident reporting and investigation process; and
- Contribute and adopt ideas and that improve the efficiency, effectiveness and productivity of the overall WHS function.
The successful candidate will have:
- A competitive salary;
- Genuine career advancement opportunities;
- Generous housing discounts on our award winning homes; and
- A supportive workplace culture where great work is recognised and rewarded.
Visit the Metricon Careers page on Facebook for more opportunities & insights.
- Must have formal tertiary qualification at a Certificate IV level in Workplace Health & Safety or higher;
- Completed and hold a Construction General Induction Card/White Card;
- Completed qualifications in a First Aid Certificate;
- Currently hold a valid driver’s licence;
- Residential construction experience is a must;
- A strong understanding (preferably within the construction industry) of Workplace Health & Safety Management Systems;
- A broad knowledge and understanding of the relevant WHS Acts and Regulations, Compliance Codes and Codes of Practices, Australian Standards and Guidance Materials;
- High computer proficiency in MS Office suite of products including report writing ability; and
- Primarily be based in Sydney and willing to travel to interstate/regional sites as required.