Health, Safety and Wellbeing Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Victoria Police (View other jobs from this organisation)
Health, Safety and Wellbeing Officer
- VPSG4 range $81,354 - $92,304 p.a. + super + leave loading
- Full time, fixed term position available until 30/06/2021
- Working within the School of Policing Foundation Division, People Development Command located at the Victoria Police Academy, 1 View Mount Road, Glen Waverley, VIC, 3150*
About the role:
The position of Health Safety & Wellbeing Officer is situated within the Foundation Training Welfare Unit and the Victoria Police Academy.
The unit vision is to provide early intervention in managing a practical and student-centred welfare and support service to the recruit cohort. The Foundation Welfare Unit, like all Victoria Police, is governed by the Organisational Values and Code of Ethics.
The successful applicant will form part of a small, dynamic team environment of sworn police members & VPS staff in a people orientated role to provide welfare support, guidance and assistance to the recruit cohort. All team members need to be resilient in the face of resistance whilst promoting the benefits of both change management and the welfare support of themselves, colleagues and the recruit cohort.
Some of your duties will include:
- Providing welfare support to recruit cohort
- Assisting with reported injuries or OHS issues linked to the recruit cohort
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance to the recruit cohort with general enquiries and administrative duties (such as leave requests )
- Presenting face to face information sessions to recruit squads pertaining to professional standards & expectations, welfare support and the role of the welfare unit
- Perform Emcee roles at recruit family nights at the Victoria Police Academy
- Actively contributing to driving a safety first culture
- Holding the recruit cohort accountable to professional standards & expectations
As the successful applicant, you will have / be:
- The ability to work both alone and in a close knit team environment and have an ability to think on your feet
- A people orientated individual who easily builds and maintains productive mutually beneficial working relationships
- Resilient in the face of resistance and adversity whilst promoting the benefits of both change management and the welfare support of themselves, colleagues and the recruit cohort
- The successful applicant will need to ensure they take reasonable care of their own health, safety and wellbeing and others by:
- Demonstrating safety leadership behaviours
- Implementing safe work practices that comply with VP policy
- Continually improving safety performance, and;
- Celebrating safety achievements and successes
Requirements and relevant information:
- A sound knowledge of Victoria Police policies, procedures and expectations is advantageous but not mandatory.
*Your usual place of work will be within the School of Policing Foundation, People Development Command, however you may be required to work at any other division within the Department as required.
People Development Command is situated at the Victoria Police Academy, View Mount Road, Glen Waverley.
How to Apply
Please click the "Apply Now" button at the bottom of this advertisement. Please view the full Position Description attached to this advertisement before applying. If you are experiencing accessibility issues, please open the Position Description through Acrobat Reader.
When opening the Application Form which is attached to the advertisement, please ‘save' a copy to complete. Please note that applicants are NOT required to respond to each key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Applications must include:
- Completed application form
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact Acting Inspector Troy Andrews on (03) 9566 9699 or via email email@example.com.
If you have a disability / medical condition and require a copy of this advertisement and attached documentation in an accessible format or would like to discuss an access requirement / adjustment for the recruitment process, please contact the VPS Recruitment Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: No applications will be accepted via email, applicants must click on "Apply Now" to submit an application.
Closing date for applications is midnight, Thursday 15 February 2018.
Find out what it's like working as a Victorian Public Servant for Victoria Police: http://www.policecareer.vic.gov.au
Please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
- Closing Date:
- 15 Feb 2018
- VIC - Melbourne
- $81,354 - $92,304
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health and Wellbeing
Return to Work