St John Ambulance in Western Australia is a progressive community organisation, caring for people across two and a half million square kilometres, the largest area in the world covered by a single ambulance service. Each year we attend in excess of 250,000 people across the state and teach over 200,000 people lifesaving first aid skills.
We are looking to appoint a Return to Work Coordinator to join our busy Workers Compensation and Injury Management team. This is a six month fixed term, full time contract ending in December 2017.
The role will be responsible for providing advice to stakeholders across the organisation surrounding the effective management of Return to work cases including Workers Compensation cases and employees returning from long absences. This role will be pivotal in providing advice to all staff and managers surrounding the physical and psychological health of employees on the return to work program.
Some of the duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare and participate in claims reviews, case conferences, rehabilitation meetings and any other relevant forum as required.
- Create, coordinate and monitor internal rehabilitation return to work programs.
- Liaise with external providers to ensure injured employees/volunteers receive an optimum rehabilitation service.
- Provide specialist advice to management, staff and volunteers on the care of injured personnel to ensure compliance with legislation.
- Liaise with the Wellbeing and Support team to ensure that employees on the return to work program are supported.
- Ensure that employees on the Return to work program are fully supported in their physical and psychological health.
- Contribute to the reporting process for stakeholders across the business.
- Demonstrated experience working within a Workers Compensation/Claims Management environment.
- Demonstrated experience advising employees and managers on all aspects of the Return to work process.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation.
- Excellent written and verbal communicational skills
- Intermediate level Word and Excel
- Degree in Psychology or similar
Some of the benefits:
- Salary packaging options
- 17.5% leave loading
- Uniform provided
- Health and wellbeing benefit
To apply please select "apply now", applications must include a cover letter and resume. For more information please visit our careers site www.stjohnchangelives.com.au or alternatively please feel free to call the Recruitment team on 1800 086 751.
Applications close 4pm, Friday 23 June 2017.
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.