A job to be proud of:
As a Wellbeing and Support Coordinator, you will be a point of contact for our staff and volunteers who may be seeking guidance when dealing with emotional, practical and personal issues.
Joining the Wellbeing and Support team, you will provide on-going mental health education and awareness, while ensuring the wellbeing and support message is communicated across the organisation. You must have the ability to maintain strict employee/volunteer confidentiality and have the eagerness to continuously learn, educate and drive cultural change.
What you'll do:
- Deliver engaging wellbeing education and mental health literacy via training sessions and conversations to groups and individuals
- Promotion of wellbeing and support, including the programs and resources available to employees and volunteers
- Provide an approachable and accessible service to staff and volunteers
- Recommend and refer employees and volunteers to the right support pathway at the right time
- Continually research and utilise evidence informed best practices
- Take part in a rotating, on-call roster
- Assist with the maintenance of the St John WA Wellbeing and Support website
What you'll need:
- Tertiary Qualification in Mental Health – preferably Psychology is highly desirable
- An ability to quickly relate to people and build strong relationships
- An ability to identify key points in a conversation and act on these
- Comfort in working with a broad demographic of people, who are encountering a range of often challenging and traumatic circumstances
- Drive to deliver cultural change
- An ability to present wellbeing educational programs to both individuals and groups
- An eagerness to learn and strive for mental health best practice
- Due to the nature of the position regional travel and flexibility with be required
What’s in it for you?
The successful candidate will be offered an interactive and supportive working environment within a positive and professional team along with:
- $500 Health and Wellness bonus
- 17.5% leave loading
- Clothing allowance
- Competitive remuneration package
- Salary packaging options
- Free emergency ambulance cover
- Free first aid training
St John WA is a well renowned not-for-profit organisation whose vision and purpose is to serve humanity and build resilient communities.
With over 130 years of experience, the culture at St John is underpinned by a strong team spirit, camaraderie and the collaboration of employees and volunteers working together to change lives whilst creating a powerful sense of belonging, where our people want to work.
This is combined with a focus on the provision of world class and cost-effective services and an innovative spirit leading to a track record of year on year growth with revenues approaching $300m and a workforce of over 1, 300 staff and 9,000 volunteers. For more information visit www.stjohnwa.com.au
Are you ready to change lives?
To apply for this exciting opportunity please select "Apply Now". Applications must include a detailed cover letter outlining your motivations for this position and resume.
Alternatively, if you have any questions please contact Tansy-May Cosgrove on (08) 9334 1426.
Applications close on Sunday 23rd February at 4PM
We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.
Please note that St John will not accept recruitment agency applications for this position.
St John reserves the right to select a shortlist from the applications received. The selection process employed will be at the discretion of St John.
*St John may begin the shortlisting process prior to the closing date*