About the Business
Amid growing electricity demand, rising fuel costs, and climate change concerns, GE Renewable Energy is focused on providing wind, hydro and innovative power solutions for customers around the globe. With over 125 years of experience powering the world, GE has now become the largest renewable energy producer in the world, providing a wide range of offerings to meet customer needs. www.gerenewableenergy.com
GE Renewable Energy constructs, operates and maintains electrical installations (wind turbines and substations) on behalf of owners of the infrastructure. GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
About the Role
This full time permanent role is flexible on location, you can be based at either a corporate GE Office or alternatively an operations GE Wind Farm and travel throughout ANZ as required. The primary function of this role is to provide Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) support and services for the Onshore Wind EHS team to assist field personnel in compliance and continual development. In additional the EHS Field Operations Specialist will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Development and Implementation of the Environment, Health and Safety management plan and systems.
- Develop, implement and deliver EHS program training, monitor and manage competency record control.
- Carry out workplace inspections and audits as well as internal site compliance audits
- Investigate incidents and events and complete reporting within required timeframes.
- Liaise with all operational stakeholders on EHS related matters.
- Review Contracts and plans to capture scope progression
- Ensure site compliance to applicable management systems, legislation and standards.
- Drive key performance indicators within the business to achieve annual targets.
- Complete all required internal and external reporting in a timely manner.
- Promote our culture and Stop Work Authority with workers and contractors.
- Manage weekly site EHS coordination meetings, training requirements and records
- Maintain the record keeping to company requirements
- Coordinate emergency event response and drills.
- Assist in PPE management for the team, deliver training as required.
- Ensure environmental compliance throughout operational activities.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 – 6 years’ experience in EHS in the Wind industry, or related industries and construction. We’re looking for someone that has spent a period of time based out on field as well as in an office environment. You need to be flexible with a can-do attitude, willing and able to work with leadership, internal and external stakeholders including; Site teams, contractors and sub-contractors, as well as the client.
We’re looking for someone that can recognise gaps and opportunities to simplify, improve and implement applicable solutions, to help them learn and develop in their EHS career. You will be fluent in English with effective written and oral communication skills as you will need to deliver presentations and perform site level training on multiple work fronts. Other skills and experience can include (but not limited to):
- Nationally recognised WHS qualification
- Accident Investigation experience with a recognised system (Taproot preferred)
- Construction Induction for WHS
- Recognised audit qualification
- Leadership capability.
- Training and assessment Certificate 4
- Proactive and engaging nature.
- Development of management systems
- Working Safely at Heights
- Experience with Heavy lift crane works, HV installations and operation
- Experience on multi stakeholder projects particularly Renewable Energy
What’s on offer
This is an amazing career step if you are looking to build on your EHS experience, in the Wind industry.
At GE, we are committed to providing a working environment that is diverse, flexible, and inclusive.
Our benefits include:
- Modern, agile offices in multiple locations across the country
- 5 weeks annual leave (after your first 6 months of service)
- A generous paid parental leave policy
- Extensive professional development opportunities
- Long term career opportunities (locally and globally)
- Flexible working options
- Generous discounts for goods & services via our employee benefits program (think travel, entertainment & shopping!)
If you are passionate about working for an organization that imagines things others don’t, builds things others can’t, and delivers outcomes that make the world better, we would love to hear from you.
Technology is how we do things. People are why we do things. Check out our 1 minute video attached to learn more. We look forward to receiving your application!