Food Safety and Hygiene Co-ordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
Bega Cheese (View other jobs from this organisation)
Food Safety and Hygiene Co-ordinator
The Bega Story
Bega Cheese Group is home to many trusted and iconic food and beverage brands. Whether it's VEGEMITE on toast, a Big M on the go or a Zooper Dooper on a hot day - you've probably grown up enjoying the iconic products we proudly manufacture every day at Bega. Being recently named in the Top 10 Strongest Australian Brands of 2022, our vision is to become The Great Australian Food Company!
Our growth story of becoming a successful ASX listed company with an annual turnover in excess of $2 billion and approximately 4,000 employees, is made possible by our dedicated workforce who live and breathe our values every day. We have a strong regional focus and proudly support the communities where we work, live and play. At Bega, we are proud of our heritage and will continue to build great opportunities to encourage our people to develop and thrive. Come and be a part of our success story as we continue to build The Great Australian Food Company!
We are currently inviting applications for a Food Safety & Hygiene Coordinator to join our Technical Function and drive the Site Hygiene Plan and Food Safety and Quality Program at Chelsea 3196, Victoria.
This role is essential to running a safe and hygienic factory.
Our Chelsea Heights site is in Melbourne's south-east, manufacturing a range of more than 44 milk, milk-based beverages and cream products. The site currently produces around 100 million litres of product every year - processing, packing, and delivering 24 hours a day, six days a week.
- Maintaining the Site Food Safety and Quality Program
- Driving validation and verification of Cleaning and Sanitation Programs
- Activating participation in Risk Management and approver in Factory Environment Activities, training, and creating a low-risk work environment
- Drive successful completion of factory trials, project works, and new technologies through managing change control process, educating and advocating for outstanding site hygiene, and promoting a high level of food safety culture
- Coordination of Trade Measurement Compliance.
- Tertiary qualifications in Science/ Food Science or similar disciplines
- Previous experience in a quality/risk role in the food industry
- Experience with Incident Investigation
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to drive change and implement high standards quality and safety culture
- Outstanding time management and the ability to prioritise competing tasks.
Life at Bega
Company culture and our values are very important to us. From flexible working arrangements and regular social catch ups, we're committed to fostering a supportive and agile work environment for our team.
- Join a dedicated, forward-thinking, and innovative culture
- Grow with us, through opportunities for career development and progression
- Contribute by giving back to your community through charities we partner with
- Access to mental and physical health programs through our wellbeing portal and programs
- Enjoy excellent employee benefits, including flexible working, purchased leave options and salary continuous insurance.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a pre-employment medical.
At Bega, diversity and inclusion is a business priority, we want everyone to be themselves regardless of their background, religion, sexual orientation, age or gender so we can truly reflect the customers and communities that we serve. No matter how you identify, we encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply for roles at Bega.
- VIC - Chelsea Heights
- Work Type:
- Full Time