Permanent role 0.6 Part-Time
Bega Cheese Group is home to many trusted and wholesome food brands enjoyed in Australia and around the world. Our growth story of becoming a successful ASX listed company with a turnover in excess of $1.5 billion, and over 2000 employees is made possible by our values and outward looking perspective. If you believe in building a Great Australian Food Company, you are curious and creative, and invested in the success and growth of others as much as your own, then you might be the one we are looking for!
With a strong regional focus and dedication to community, we are proud of our heritage which continues to build outstanding opportunities for people to develop and thrive.
We are currently inviting applications for an OHS Officer to join our Nutritional’s team at the Tatura site. The OHS Officer will provide safety expertise and onsite support to the MSD2 Operation owned by Reckitt Benckiser and managed by Bega. You will work to protect the health and safety of our people and ensure compliance to regulatory and company safety, and environmental requirements and systems.
Reporting to our Manager – HR & Safety – Derrimut you will be responsible for;
- Providing specialist advice, assistance and coaching to the management group, Health and Safety Representatives (HSR’s) and employees to allow them to achieve their safety responsibilities
- Collaborating with stakeholders to deliver the site and company/s health and safety strategic plan/s
- Conducting incident investigations, follow up and close out
- Identifying harm reduction opportunities and implementing relevant strategies
- Coordinating and updating relevant safety communications, reporting, data collection, hazard mapping and procedures
If you are adaptable and resilient, a strong communicator and can build relationships across multiple stakeholder groups, you will enjoy empowering our people to put safety first. If you have a safety background, experience in creating positive change management, and take satisfaction in untangling complex issues, you find this role highly rewarding.
The OHS Officer role is a part time permanent opportunity, offering great flexibility with 20 hours per week across four or five days.
To be successful in this role
We look for potential, not only performance. To be successful you will be open about your strengths and weaknesses and prepared to challenge yourself. We value diversity of thinking, experiences and perspectives and listening. Bega people support each other to achieve together.
Additionally you will have:
- OHS qualification/s
- Comprehensive computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Sound reporting system skills, eg. IRIS or Enablon
- Demonstrated experience in the manufacturing industry (desirable)
What you can expect
- To be part of a supportive and talented team
- Career development and job opportunities
- An excellent culture that holds true to company values
- An employer that gives back to the communities and charities we work closely with
- And amazing employee benefits such as Salary Continuance, Health Insurance subsidy, Flexible Work, Purchased Leave and access to the Employee Assistance Program to name a few.
We want to learn about you. Apply online with a cover letter and resume describing your strengths and how you might apply them in this role.
Applications Close: Friday 15 January 2020
We will accept applications from all people with the right to live and work in Australia.
Recruiters, we appreciate your interest, but we've got this one covered, thanks!