H&S Specialist - Systems and Assurance - [Archived Advertisement]
Australian Rail Track Corporation (View other jobs from this organisation)
Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) plays a critical role in the transport supply chain and in the overall economic development of Australia. We manage and operate over 8500 kms of track in New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia and Queensland, making us one of Australia's largest rail network owners.
The Inland Rail Program is a 1710km rail infrastructure project stretching from Brisbane to Melbourne incorporating new and existing rail track. The program includes the upgrading of existing standard gauge track, the enhancement of existing standard gauge track to cater for double stacking and the construction of new standard gauge links comprising of: viaducts, tunnels, rail track, crossings and bridges. More information relating to the project can be found here: http://inlandrail.artc.com.au.
About the Position
The H&S Specialist – Systems and Assurance is accountable for building robust agile governance processes that supports Inland Rail.
The role responsibilities will include, but not be limited to: -
- Developing and maintaining the Health & Safety governance processes that supports Inland Rail comply with H&S and Rail Legislation
- Collaborating with ARTC Corporate Safety Systems personnel to ensure Inland Rail is aligned with H&S Management System requirements
- Reporting and presenting as required to inform the Inland Rail Head of Health & Safety, Inland Rail Leadership Team and ARTC with regards to Health and Safety system implementation, trends and initiatives
- Providing Health & Safety (H&S) and Rail Safety SME support services for Inland Rail Teams. Facilitate and lead independent Work, Health & Safety assurance assessments and process verification reviews across the project including; Contractors Health, Safety & Welfare practices
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate: -
- Tertiary qualification in a recognised WHS and or closely related discipline or relevant equivalent experience
- Qualified Auditor (H&S)
- Sound knowledge and experience with Rail Safety Accreditation and management systems and understanding of WHS and Rail Legislation
- Experience in the development, implementation and management of organisation or project governance processes
- Closing Date:
- 03 Dec 2019
- QLD - Brisbane
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Health, Safety and Environment